Arcade
Go Back   Anime Take Forums > Other > The Void
Reload this Page Toyatakimuneasusashi Ieynobutome who?????
The Void Random discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Starlight Breaker
digritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz god

Default Toyatakimuneasusashi Ieynobutome who????? - 12-19-2012, 12:45 AM

Ever wonder just exactly who these ppl portrayed in many of our favorite anime are? Really? Well screw you I'm gonna deathly tell you anyway.

Though I'm sure some here are familiar with these Samurai. Most probably have only a faint hint as to who they are and what they did. The list below gives you a condensed albeit informative synopsis of these great Samurai

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Though I am a historian at heart and have a decent working knowledge of Japanese history. Even I can learn something new.

For instance I never understood why Minamoto Tametomo chose to kill himself rather then fighting and dieing at the hands of his enemy. Sepaku was a relatively new concept after all. What I didn't know was he actually did fight. He was then captured by the Taira clan and had the tendons cut in his left arm making him useless in battle. So it's short but comprehensive.

Now go learn something and don't worry there's no pop quiz at the end.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
Edgar Allan Poe

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by digritz; 12-19-2012 at 06:46 AM..