Reload this Page Whitewatering
The Void Random discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Chūnin
Scrapenstein Related to Mr. Good-guy

Location: floating in the vast emptiness of space on a ball called earth
Default Whitewatering - 11-09-2012, 12:57 AM

Ok since i'm going into withdrawal from it being to cold.. And for the ones that think they know what whitewatering is all about, this is whitwatering at its finest.. Im good but not like these guys, i can hold my own and do a good amount of tricks but this is what any good paddler strides for..

It starts out slow and gets good about 4:30ish .. Enjoy

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Starlight Breaker
digritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz god

Default 11-09-2012, 03:09 AM

Who says there's nothing higher then class 5. 5+ at it's finest.

And the word of the day is "MAYTAGED"

Though the runs in the video look extreme and I'm sure they all had an incredible time. The truth is you can have an incredible time on class 4 and under rivers too. A lot depends on the flow.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
Edgar Allan Poe

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Da Media Man
Tadashi I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!Tadashi I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!

Send a message via Skype™ to Tadashi
Default 11-09-2012, 03:11 AM

I remember watching this stuff on TV. It always amazed me how they are able to stay balanced and afloat like that. I remember going in a mini-scenario like these without a boat and I could barely keep myself up lol.

Click the image to open in full size.
Anime-Planet.com - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Chūnin

Default 11-09-2012, 03:22 AM

@ digritz... Very true the class 4 and under rivers are a blast, alot of times i do have more fun on the smaller rivers, but i can say theres nothing like the rush of running a big river. And did you or do you paddle? You seem to know your stuff.

And it all depends on the boater, some like to run small shoots and drops, others like river running, others like myself like to find a hole and play, but no matter what you like to do its all fun.

@TadashiED.. To stay balanced when going through the rapids its all about your oar/paddle and how you use it in the water..

And staying afloat depends on the type of boater you are.. Like these squirt boaters doing a mystery move.

Last edited by Scrapenstein; 11-09-2012 at 04:10 AM..
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Starlight Breaker
digritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz god

Default 11-09-2012, 04:37 AM

I've been paddling on and off for about 30 years. I used to really like hanging in a few good spots and surfing. However right now I have a creek boat and it's not really ideal for holes unless you like flipping.......a lot. Though depending on the season and location when I'm on vacation if there is a good river near and if I can rent a play boat. I'm happy to hang in a hole and spin the day away.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
Edgar Allan Poe

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Chūnin

Default 11-09-2012, 04:59 AM

Nice its good to see another paddler.. Ive been paddling about 16 yrs or so, a nice creek boat is fun theres a little creek i like to run called slippery rock in PA. Its got a lot of shoots and small drops and its a blast to spend the day paddling it.. But my favorite river to run thats close to me is the new river in WV its class II-IV in season, IV-V during the spring run-off and its got some fun holes to play in.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Starlight Breaker

Default 11-09-2012, 05:54 AM

New River is nice but If it's WV I'm partial to the Upper Gauley during the first release in Spring. Or around Gauley fest. If you hit it right you can also hang out till bridge day. I also like the Taylor and parts of the Gunnison in Colorado. Salmon is right up there too.

It's basically this huge crack in the Earth.

Depending on spring runoff the rapids can go from class III to class V to class shit that's the size of a four story building. Not the height but the size.

At peak melt/run-off this fall would be under 5 to 8 feet of white water.

Edgar Allan Poe

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Chūnin

Default 11-09-2012, 06:09 AM

Yea the upper G is a wicked run ive ran it many of times, but for some reason i'm partial to the new.. I've only been paddling out by CO one time and that was the Colorado river in the Grand Canyon.. And that was one of my better times paddling just because its a big river and your in the Grand Canyon, youve got to camp down there and it was just fun..

I've done Gauley fest a few times and bridge day. Take out on the New is at the bridge, thats whats nice about the New and Gauley there right next to each other..

And the crack in the Earth looks like it would be fun..

Last edited by Scrapenstein; 11-09-2012 at 12:02 PM..
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Starlight Breaker

Default 11-09-2012, 07:00 AM

Since that crack is not really part of and mountain chain it's at a low altitude. Plus it's surrounded by plains. Which keeps it hidden until your right on top of it. The settlers must have thought they struck pay dirt in the form of an easy path through the mountains

I can only imagine what went through their minds when they came across this thing.

...................Ah F&@%..............................

Edgar Allan Poe

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Chūnin

Default 11-09-2012, 07:09 AM

I like your thought on that "Ah F&@%" I'd like to go out to the crack if any thing just to check it out.. Im in Ohio so CO is a little bit of a drive but ive got family in AZ so i might make it one day..

Last edited by Scrapenstein; 11-09-2012 at 10:54 AM..