Arcade
Go Back   Anime Take Forums > Other > The Void
Reload this Page Yes, people are really that stupid
The Void Random discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Space Cowboy
Teckniec Related to Mr. Good-guy

Send a message via AIM to Teckniec Send a message via MSN to Teckniec Send a message via Yahoo to Teckniec
Default Yes, people are really that stupid - 03-08-2012, 01:05 AM

Click the image to open in full size.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Dragon Slayer
alcaray Related to Mr. Good-guy

Default 03-08-2012, 03:22 AM

Your post is not very informative. Are your stupid people Joseph Kony, Invisible Children (and others who campaign against Joseph Kony), people who would make fun of Invisible Children (and others who campaign against Joseph Kony), or...?

"There are people who make a life's work of tricking others... but just because something is convincing, that does not make it true. It is merely convincing."
- Karl Schroeder, Ventus
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Space Cowboy

Send a message via AIM to Teckniec Send a message via MSN to Teckniec Send a message via Yahoo to Teckniec
Default 03-08-2012, 03:28 AM

People blowing up my fagbook and twittler with this Kony shit like all of the sudden america learned that there are bad people. You mean they are real and not just in movies? Yes bitch they are real.
1. Feel sympathetic
2. Throw money
3. Brag about your knowing and throwing money
4. I did my part

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Space Cowboy

Default 03-08-2012, 03:28 AM

I only want kony dead so I can stop hearing about him

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Dragon Slayer

Default 03-08-2012, 03:53 AM

I see.

"There are people who make a life's work of tricking others... but just because something is convincing, that does not make it true. It is merely convincing."
- Karl Schroeder, Ventus
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin
Phoenix44 newfag

Default 03-08-2012, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckniec View Post
I only want kony dead so I can stop hearing about him
Probably only because it doesnt happen in the States can you say you only want him dead to shut people up.

I am the Emperor of the Holy Britannian Empire, Lelouch vi Britannia!
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
WuxingBagua newfag

Default 03-08-2012, 04:44 AM

i see boobs

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Soul Eater
Conduit People like me. :D

Default 03-08-2012, 05:23 AM

A good portion of the African continent has been ruled by genocidal madmen for the better part of the last hundred years. People turn a blind eye because its easier than doing the right thing, and even when someone does do the right thing, people get pissed off about it, just look at the last mass murderer dictator the US took out of power.

This is the INTERNET!
If you're not making baseless assumptions, random accusations, applying Rules 34 and 35, implementing Godwin's Law, cross-genre'ing cats and ponies and judging the bejesus out of people... YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
( Click to show/hide )
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] today!
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Chūnin
dragonmaster1138 newfag

Default 03-08-2012, 09:26 AM

I refuse to believe people are that stupid. StupidER yes, but not THAT stupid.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Esper
mr gn Related to Mr. Good-guy

Default 03-08-2012, 10:55 AM

definition of "stupidity", please...
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
zuzuzu newfag

Default 03-08-2012, 04:02 PM

You are the one of these "stupid" people..
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
State Alchemist
liveman People like me. :D

Send a message via Skype™ to liveman
Default 03-08-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.gn View Post
definition of "stupidity", please...
The modern English word "stupid" has a broad range of application, from being slow of mind (indicating a lack of intelligence, care or reason), dullness of feeling or sensation (torpidity, senseless, insensitivity), or lacking interest or point (vexing, exasperating). It can either infer a congenital lack of capacity for reasoning, or a temporary state of daze or slow-mindedness.

James F. Wells, Ph. D., in his book, "Understanding Stupidity,"[10] defines stupidity thusly, "The term may be used to designate a mentality which is considered to be informed, deliberate and maladaptive." Dr. Welles distinguishes stupidity from ignorance; one must know they are acting in their own worst interest. Secondly, it must be a choice, not a forced act or accident. Lastly, it requires the activity to be maladaptive, in that it is in the worst interest of the actor, and specifically done to prevent adaption to new data or existing circumstances. According to Dr. Welles, mental schemas, which help us adapt to our environment and process new ideas, can also, simultaneously, be maladaptive: "However adaptive a schema may be, it will also be maladaptive to the extent that built-in biases compromise data so that perceptions will conform to expectations and desires. In addition, a schema's behavioral program (which presumably was adaptive when formed) might become maladaptive as conditions change. If fundamental conditions change significantly, maintaining a schema may be maladaptive. On the other hand, altering behavior to fit fantasies may also be maladaptive. Just when and how much change is needed are very subjective matters, and the schema is inherently biased about maintaining both its integrity and existence."[11]

and the etymology of the word :

Stupidity is a quality or state of being stupid, or an act or idea that exhibits properties of being stupid.[3] The root word stupid,[4] which can serve as an adjective or noun, comes from the Latin verb stupere, for being numb or astonished, and is related to stupor:[5] in Roman culture, "the stupidus of the mimes" was a sort of "professional buffoon - the 'fall-man', the eternal he-who-gets-kicked."[6]

According to the online Merriam-Webster dictionary, the words "stupid" and "stupidity" entered the English language in 1541. Since then, stupidity has taken place along with "fool," "idiot," "dumb," "moron," and related concepts as a pejorative appellation for human misdeeds, whether purposeful or accidental, due to absence of mental capacity.

The word "stupidest" is increasingly common in newspapers.
hope that helped

( Click to show/hide )

MAL [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Space Cowboy

Default 03-08-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conduit View Post
A good portion of the African continent has been ruled by genocidal madmen for the better part of the last hundred years. People turn a blind eye because its easier than doing the right thing, and even when someone does do the right thing, people get pissed off about it, just look at the last mass murderer dictator the US took out of power.
There are ALWAYS two sides to every story. This viral film has caught the attention of many people - but you are all far too late. Watching the Kony video is essentially watching old news. They started filming in 2003, and northern Uganda has been free of LRA violence and war for over five years. In fact, the LRA have signed a peace accord! They are rebuilding and restoring the peace.

Yes - the leader is still out there. However, the recruitment of children has decreased 80%. This isn't due to the Invisible Children organization, its because Ugandan military and the ICC have intercepted. The Invisible Children group are trying to pass a bill that allows America to MILITARISE the region.

They are providing 'MISINFORMATION' to woo idealistic followers. The group have combined multiple regional conflicts to make it appear this is one rapidly increasing issue. When confronted about their dodgy tactics, the head spokesperson stated;

I agree with you that leading people to believe that the war is still happening in Uganda is not ethically right. It's something we've been addressing internally, focusing on getting all staff and supporters on the same page (of communication)."

If you read the news, or even had an ounce of interest in the on-going unrest in Africa you would already know this and not be fooled. Yes, awful things happen to people in 3rd world countries but this has been occurring for centuries, it isn't a recent occurrence.

The following sources are cited (unlike the staff at Invisible Children):

SOURCES: Michael Kirkpatrick, a long-time Independent Global Citizen, he has resided in Uganda and other regions of Africa. He has no political, religious or financial agenda. He wrote this article and gave an in-depth insight to whats really going on. He also questioned important members of Invisible Children about their motives. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Charity Navigator is a website that breaks down the proceeds and donations given to Invisible Children, and subsequently shows what percentile of that is REALLY going towards these impoverished children. A measly slither of what is going into the founders' pockets. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I've read an interesting passage from a Northern Ugandan man. However, it is not 100% verified. He advised the Northern Ugandan parliament to list "Invisible Children" as their main priority on their "FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY" list. (See second comment, username Livingstone). [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

THIS article asking Invisible Children why they were lobbying for sub-standard AND illegal legislation has since been removed and deleted. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

ADDITIONALLY - Members of Invisible Children were freely making statements as to what their "allowance" would purchase for *them*. It was on a forum on the official website, and has subsequently also been REMOVED. All these *deletions*...

Another source: : [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

and I hope you guys know there is oil there, where there is oil there will be US soldiers.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Bitch, I got style!
Duratrix Related to Mr. Good-guy

Default 03-08-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuxingBagua View Post
i see boobs
Boobs, they're everywhere!!!

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Space Cowboy

Default 03-08-2012, 05:12 PM

Attached Images
File Type: png uQDPx.png (4.6 KB, 30 views)

(#16 (permalink)) Old
State Alchemist
liveman People like me. :D

Send a message via Skype™ to liveman
Default 03-08-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
so true.....

( Click to show/hide )

MAL [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Space Cowboy

Default 03-08-2012, 07:58 PM

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Esper
Apathy compleX Related to Mr. Good-guy

Default 03-08-2012, 08:44 PM

^ ROFL at least the trolls will always be clever

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Soul Eater
Conduit People like me. :D

Default 03-08-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
BIG ASS WALL OF TEXT
You do realize I was simply commenting on the general nature of people and not on this exact topic? Give it a month and the internet will forget this documentary ever existed.

This is the INTERNET!
If you're not making baseless assumptions, random accusations, applying Rules 34 and 35, implementing Godwin's Law, cross-genre'ing cats and ponies and judging the bejesus out of people... YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!
( Click to show/hide )
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] today!
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Dragon Slayer

Default 03-08-2012, 11:43 PM

Definition of stupid: Expecting social media to fill your life with truth and happiness. Being indordinately pissed when social media a intrudes on your social media b.

- Karl Schroeder, Ventus