Arcade
Go Back   Anime Take Forums > AnimeTake > Support
Reload this Page Automatic log out after 20-30 minutes
Support Need help? Experiencing difficulties with anything technical or with AnimeTake? Then this is the place to ask.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Esper
Salmar Related to Mr. Good-guy

Default Automatic log out after 20-30 minutes - 01-03-2013, 12:14 PM

As stated in the title after about 20 to 30 minutes after I have logged in to this site, I am automatically logged out again. It started happening a few weeks ago (no major hardware or software changes were made, I was and am still using mozilla firefox (always up to date)).
This is rather inconvenient, but would not be so grave, if it weren't for the arcade section, which I am a huge fan of by the way . Because everytime a game session takes longer than the stated time above, my highscore won't be saved.
Any help or tips on how to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Salmar; 01-03-2013 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: spelling mistake
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin
ardeeuchiha People like me. :D

Default 01-03-2013, 01:33 PM

I hope this help.
1. Make sure you don't leave AT unattended for about 20 to 30 minutes! This always trigger the *glitch*!
2. Always prepare notepad with you all the time if you feel like to write a long post, reply or something. Copy to notepad and if that *glitch* happen, just log back in and paste what you copy in your notepad. I do this all the time.
That is my way to trick this *glitch*!

Any comments really appreciated. For now, I'll take any requests about anime reviews. Just visit my profile and drop me a comment if there are anime you want to review. Don't forget to *hit* karma button, okay! ^^
"Everyone have their own wonderful destiny and life just like in Anime and Manga. You just have to find one!"
( Click to show/hide )
Click the image to open in full size.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Esper

Default 01-03-2013, 06:25 PM

Thank you ardeeuchiha for your reply.
Regarding longer posts I always used notepad anyway. Unfortunately there is no similar way to cache the arcade score and submit it after logging in

At least now I know that I am not the only one who experiences this problem
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dragon Slayer
alcaray Related to Mr. Good-guy

Default 01-03-2013, 08:22 PM

How are you logging in? How do you navigate to the login page you use? Do you use login from the AT home page? Or login from the forums? Try the one you aren't using to see if there is a difference in behavior.

"There are people who make a life's work of tricking others... but just because something is convincing, that does not make it true. It is merely convincing."
- Karl Schroeder, Ventus
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Esper

Default 01-03-2013, 08:37 PM

Thank you for the suggestions alcaray!
I already tried logging in from the forum page and from the main page, with and without the "remember me" check mark. It was the same every time.
I usually visit this site by manually typing in its web address and sometimes I still have it available in my web browser as a tab. Never made any difference.
I did not pay too much attention to when it first happened, but I think it happened some time after I changed my password ... but that might just be a coincidence (or maybe not and someone wants to get on my nerves, considering that the password I am using right now is a much bigger pain in the ass to type than my old one haha xD).
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Esper
Apathy compleX Related to Mr. Good-guy

Default 01-03-2013, 09:51 PM

if you're using firefox, then go to "tools" [you can highlight that option by pressing 'alt' in your keyboard], then go to "Options". choose the "Privacy" tab. in the middle of the "Privacy" window, you can see a blue phrase that says "remove individual cookies" so click it. a "search" bar will appear. write "animetake" in the search bar, then all your bad (supposedly) animetake cookies will appear. select them one by one, and delete all of them using the "Remove Cookie" option in the bottom-left corner of the window. then, restart firefox. now you will be automatically logged out of animetake. so go to the forums from this link:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
and log in again.

if this method doesn't work, we'll try another one.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Esper

Default 01-03-2013, 10:35 PM

Thanks for the suggestion Apathy compleX, I am trying it out now. Let's see if I am still online in about 20 minutes ^^.
I could use some cookies right now ... naaaaah I'll go punch the bag a little bit and then 20 minutes will hopefully be over
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Esper

Default 01-04-2013, 12:06 AM

Dude!!! It worked! Dang! Over an hour has passed and I am still logged in to the webpage!
Thank you so much Apathy compleX! You don't know how many highscores I have lost to this stupid error ^^.
I will remember this and never accept bad cookies again ... only delicious ones xD (I should probably give my mother more credit for that (baking delicious cookies that is ))

Seriously now I would like to thank everyone for your kind help especially Apathy compleX!
The problem has been solved

Last edited by Salmar; 01-04-2013 at 12:20 AM.. Reason: I was not satisfied with the text layout ... yeah I am a neurotic ... leave me alone ...
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Esper
Apathy compleX Related to Mr. Good-guy

Default 01-04-2013, 09:30 AM

you're welcome. I'm glad it worked and that I could be of help (now you can overthrow digritz, the evil "King of the Arcade"!!!)

so who is it that distributed bad cookies to the members of this site?? is there a Cookie Detective in the house?

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Chūnin
NLwino Silent Helper

Default 01-06-2013, 03:02 PM

Thx, deleting the cookies worked for chrome as well ^^

QFT
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
( Click to show/hide )

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin

Default 01-06-2013, 05:26 PM

Thanks for anyone who give me rep! I really appreciate it.

Any comments really appreciated. For now, I'll take any requests about anime reviews. Just visit my profile and drop me a comment if there are anime you want to review. Don't forget to *hit* karma button, okay! ^^
"Everyone have their own wonderful destiny and life just like in Anime and Manga. You just have to find one!"
( Click to show/hide )
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin

Default 01-06-2013, 07:40 PM

Hey, I got rep again. Thank you very much! This is great. I'm really grateful.

( Click to show/hide )