Ongoing Anime Discussion of currently airing series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Esper
Ergoproxy newfag

Default 02-12-2009, 01:28 AM

Gundam 00 S2 followed by Rideback and Soul Eater... then afterwards Toradora XD

Dropped:
Kurokami on Episode 4, To Aru Majutsu no Index on episode 4. Thats it from me.

Favourite:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Shigofumi: Letters from the departed
( Click to show/hide )

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Chūnin
Daldaren newfag

Default 02-12-2009, 11:39 AM

Favorite ongoing atm:

To aru Mahjutsu no Index
Akikan <-- LOL-ALL-YOU-WANT-I-LIKE-IT-SO-STFU
Maria+Holic
Toradora!

I think most of those have been suggested already. I still find myself watching the new Minami-ke, even though it's not that interesting. I just like Kana, what can I say.
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Demon Lord
ARTHURIUSS newfag

Default 02-12-2009, 09:50 PM

Undoubtedly casshen sins.man, some one giv this anime an oscar.
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Esper
BokuWaOtakuJaNai newfag

Default 02-12-2009, 09:58 PM

@Daldaren
You have named the one I didn't want to admit to watching! Minami-ke! And oddly enough your reason for continuing to watch this uninteresting pile of drivel is the same as mine. I love me some Kana. I think it's the voice that really does it for me. Even though I know it's a different seiyu, I think she sounds a little like Ayame from Asu no Yoichi (who is of course my favorite on that one!).

Currently Watching:
( Click to show/hide )
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Bitch, I got style!
Duratrix Related to Mr. Good-guy

Default 02-12-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ergoproxy View Post
Gundam 00 S2 followed by Rideback and Soul Eater... then afterwards Toradora XD

Dropped:
Kurokami on Episode 4, To Aru Majutsu no Index on episode 4. Thats it from me.
I can understand why you dropped Kurokami, but why drop To Aru Majutsu no Index???

Finished animes I was watching+started to watch some more.
Way too much to list them all. =/

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Moe Master
Emerald Emblem Related to Mr. Good-guy

Send a message via AIM to Emerald Emblem Send a message via MSN to Emerald Emblem Send a message via Skype™ to Emerald Emblem
Default 02-12-2009, 11:52 PM

Yeah, I sorta found myself behind on To Aru Majutsu no Index and have decided to watch and caught up with Sora o kakeru Shoujo.

( Click to show/hide )

Click the image to open in full size.
( Click to show/hide )
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin
Falsum newfag

Send a message via MSN to Falsum
Default 02-13-2009, 12:06 AM

lesse, if even if they have been said...

100%, absolutely, undoubtably, without fail, Casshern Sins. The storyline is exciting, moving, and well thought out. The music is outstanding, compliments the mood, story, and scenes well. The art is amazingly well done. And best of all, Shinsen has released Xvids for every episode except 17, which are all amazing widescreen quality. An outstanding show in every regard.

With less emphasis, Maria+Holic. the music is also amazing, and the art is very well done, and it shown in a very unique, and interesting manner. In addition to this, the show is very funny, and who doesn't like a yuri show? good fun for all
Under this same amount of emphasis, Ride-Back. The story line is very good, and even though a few are in bull shit mp4 format, it is very nice quality. Once again, the music makes the anime, and again the sound overall is very well done in this show series. it's not funny, but it makes up for it in seriousness, and somehow, 30 minutes flies by incredibly fast when watching this show, and your immediatly want to watch the next one. the whole idea of the ride back is outright ridiculous though, and every now and then that gets me, but it is still a very good show.

with less emphasis, Akikan. Funny, at certain moments, and the serious moments are straight up ridiculous. But over all a good watch.
with the same emphasis, Kurogane no Linebarrels. This show is good, but the music is a little lacking, the quality of the video itself is a little lacking, and the story line is a little lacking. but, overall, not a bad one. i feel that they took it a little too far to create a harem for the main character, seeing as basically everyone is a chick except the main character, and of course despite being like, 13, they are all ridiculous beautiful and the adult ones have ungodly breasts.
with the same emphasis again, Kuroshitsuji(sp? it's something like this). Not a bad anime for a bunch of english speaking purely japanese with "yes, my lord-o" thrown in an ungodly amount. Good fighting, good artwork, solid storyline, a good show overall.

with less emphasis that the section before, asu no yoichi. Funny at certain times, but i wish there was more fighting and less BLATANTLY OBVIOUS attempts to show semi-nudity, clothes ripping/coming off, and once again the forced harem situation is one thing that really pisses me off in anime. and in this show, it pisses me off pretty damn bad.
i n the same emphasis bracket, white album. a solid show, but after every episode, instead of making me clamor and beg for more and shout at my screen in distress over having to wait for the next episode, this show ends at odd points, is self narrated in text on the screen, and often i wonder if i want to keep watching this show. the art is good overall, but the music is a little lacking. in fact, i don't even think there is music. BUT! the silence does compliment how the show is done, though.
in the same bracket again, kemono no souja erin. a calming anime, nothing more, nothing less. not bad too pass the time, and a good feeling after watching

i whole heartedly(sp? not really sure) disagree with kurokami. for one, it's STRAIGHT up ridiculous, once again i can see it heading torwards the "harem situation" that i described multiple times again, and once again it's effing boring, predictable, and intresting only to see a little girl get DRILLED with a bus. THAT was AWESOME. BUT! as a show overall it really sucks and is generally boring.
also! Sora o kakeru Shoujo. if this is the one i'm thinking off, i also disagree with watching it. i feel that it IS the "harem situation" except minus an actual male character. The show is boring, uninteresting, ridiculous, and predictable. watching this show makes me feel like i'm watching an exact replica of a terrible anime before. NOT a good show.

OKAY! sorry that was incredibly long, but i figured a little explanation would help you out, y'know?

"Jack: Gwendolen, it is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth."

Last edited by Falsum; 02-13-2009 at 12:11 AM.. Reason: indented for ease of reading
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Gundam
Titens newfag

Default 02-13-2009, 01:24 AM

I still can't understand why people complain so much at kurokami. Even if I found it dissapointing, it's still much better than most of the ongoing animes right now. It's 10 times better than things like asu no yoichi or akikan. OK, it's not perfect, it has flaws, it's boring from time to time (the ridiculous remark is out of place, since the anime is a shounen and it never intends to be realistic in the first place), but it also has good things and shows potential.

As for me, since xam'd finished the best ongoing anime right now are Casshern, Rideback, followed by Skip beat.
Index started being great too, but after that they worked the story and the characters badly, making separate arcs in which the characters barely have any relation between them, making Index dissapear since ep 6, and making touma's condition totally irrelevant. It's still enjoyable, but it's not as good as it can be.
Regios is not bad either, but it also mediocre in many things. I enjoy watching it, but it's not even close to things like rideback.
Akikan is mediocre in every aspect, and the only thing that makes it a little bit more interesting is the main, that has more personality than the mains of the usual series.
Asu is a harem ecchi. There is absolutely nothing especial about it. The fights are BAD... heck, they can barely be called fights. It has those things that I like that make me enjoy those kinds of shows, and I plan on keep watching it, but is worse than kurokami for sure.

(#29 (permalink)) Old
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
weika semi-newfag

Default 02-13-2009, 03:11 AM

Well you could say that Kurokami isn't the worst anime this season, its decent but not the best.

Sigs, avas and requests [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin
Falsum newfag

Send a message via MSN to Falsum
Default 02-13-2009, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titens View Post
I still can't understand why people complain so much at kurokami. Even if I found it dissapointing, it's still much better than most of the ongoing animes right now. It's 10 times better than things like asu no yoichi or akikan. OK, it's not perfect, it has flaws, it's boring from time to time (the ridiculous remark is out of place, since the anime is a shounen and it never intends to be realistic in the first place), but it also has good things and shows potential.

As for me, since xam'd finished the best ongoing anime right now are Casshern, Rideback, followed by Skip beat.
Index started being great too, but after that they worked the story and the characters badly, making separate arcs in which the characters barely have any relation between them, making Index dissapear since ep 6, and making touma's condition totally irrelevant. It's still enjoyable, but it's not as good as it can be.
Regios is not bad either, but it also mediocre in many things. I enjoy watching it, but it's not even close to things like rideback.
Akikan is mediocre in every aspect, and the only thing that makes it a little bit more interesting is the main, that has more personality than the mains of the usual series.
Asu is a harem ecchi. There is absolutely nothing especial about it. The fights are BAD... heck, they can barely be called fights. It has those things that I like that make me enjoy those kinds of shows, and I plan on keep watching it, but is worse than kurokami for sure.
This, my friend, is a challenge.

concerning akikan, i disagree, of course. The wit, in some places, is fairly good. Granted! that some characters and situations are ridiculous, i don't believe it's fair to call akikan mediocre. Well, maybe my sense of humor is just different? probably.
concerning asu no yoichi, a harem ecchi to be sure, but! if you look past the harem issue a fundamentaly interesting show is hidden. It has it's moments, and at times it's a little smarmy, but it still a show worth watching.

Now, concerning kurokami. Alright, look. You mentioned that is being ridiculous is out of place, the reason being its a shounen. I disagree, even if made to be fantasy/shounen, i don't believe this stays withing reasonable bounds. the whole premise behind the show is that there are 3 of everyone, and if you just like happen to see one, the "fake" one is eliminated. first off, this an incredibly boring premise. So his mother or whatever got killed because she saw herself. Well this anime does nothing to make me give a shit, and i don't give a shit. The plot has no where to go! its too ridiculous even for an anime. not only that, but where did we get this info? If i recall correctly, it was from a random chick who just like waltzed up to the main character and was bought ramen. If i recall correctly, this chick gets BLOWN OUT OF THE WATER by a bat, and she angry because she spilled her ramen? jesus i get your angry but this random guy just sent you FLYING from ONE hit from a BASEBALL BAT. the girl is not a baseball, if you couldn't tell. despite small pockets of action, the show is incredibly boring, ridiculous(i stand by that 100%), and in all honesty the show just made me not give a shit. i felt no attraction to ANY of the characters, and i just wanted them all to see their doubles or whatever and get drilled by cars, because that woulda been alot more interesting than wading through that mess of an anime.

not only that, but obviously i'm not alone on this stance. Since you said it yourself. Many people have a problem with this anime, and many people find it boring.

BTW, this argument is purely for the sake of argumentation, no hard feelings.

"Jack: Gwendolen, it is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth."
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
Esper
Ergoproxy newfag

Default 02-13-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duratrix View Post
I can understand why you dropped Kurokami, but why drop To Aru Majutsu no Index???

Finished animes I was watching+started to watch some more.
Way too much to list them all. =/
This is just some criticism from me so don't take it as offense please. I respect everyone's opinions so yeah.

I dropped Majutsu because the action and some "serious" scenes and voice acting sounded childish especially Kamijou's voice ugh..., the concept didn't work as well as it was annoying to watch at some points but animation wise it looks fine.

and also, I had a friend on a recent forum I use to post before told me that Majutsu isn't so great even if the animation looks fine so I stayed away from it after episode 4.

Plus the ratings have dropped a little since the series has progressed. I would have gone to watch more but I think it will end up being a series that will go downhill in the end despite the good animation. Like Kurokami.

Well, I have my reasons so I might as well wait for something better to come out during the year anyway. Yes im very "Picky" aren't I and hard to impress especially when it comes to watching Anime.

Favourite:
( Click to show/hide )

Last edited by Ergoproxy; 02-13-2009 at 01:13 PM..
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
Moe Master

Send a message via AIM to Emerald Emblem Send a message via MSN to Emerald Emblem Send a message via Skype™ to Emerald Emblem
Default 02-13-2009, 01:57 PM

Well when it comes to stuff like anime, no-ones opinions are necessarily wrong for the most part, as long as people can see that they can like whatever they want.

Not sure whether I phrased that right. However I appear to be watching a few that people have low opinions on yet I enjoy them enough to keep watching at least.

( Click to show/hide )

( Click to show/hide )
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
Gundam
Titens newfag

Default 02-13-2009, 05:07 PM

Flasum I'm not going to say that you have to like the storyline, nor the characters nor find the anime enjoyable, those depend completly on your own opinions and noone can tell you otherwise.
But saying that the premise of the anime is ridiculous doesn't make any sense. And the reason is, IT'S A FREAKING ACTION SHOUNEN. You like an anime in which cans turn into girls who have to fight for who becomes the best type of can... but yeah, that makes a LOT of sense. Fate stay night resummons heroes from the past that didn't even exist. In macross they fight using MUSIC (ok, that IS ridiculous). You can find the plot to be ridiculous when the anime tries to be realistic and it's appeal lies in that, not in a super power action shounen for gods sake. If not, 99% of the anime is ridiculous.
In fact, the whole 3 people thingy is well done, since so far the concept doesn't have evident conceptual flaws, and it created it's own rules to justify how it works and when. If you accept they live in a diferent world almost identical to us, that live by the rules they explain, the concept so far have no flaws. You may find it boring or not, but it's not ridiculous.
And personally, I think the idea behind the 3 people is actually really good, since it's original and it allows for some interesting things to happen. If I am dissapointed with the series is that they kind of forgot about all that so far and it just turned into a superpower anime.

(#34 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin
Hatake newfag

Default 02-13-2009, 08:29 PM

Toradora is my current fav anime, and its ongoing, so that's even better!

prolly gonna have a shit ending tho.
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
Giga Drill Breaker
ikaraus newfag

Default 02-13-2009, 09:02 PM

Minami-ke Okaeri

I'm hoping for this one to be better than Okawari. I want more Makoto scenes, just like on the first season XD
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
Moe Master

Default 02-13-2009, 10:20 PM

If it's one series, I really dunno which I decided to follow I like the most. This season is lacking.

( Click to show/hide )

( Click to show/hide )
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
Esper
Ergoproxy newfag

Default 02-14-2009, 01:30 AM

Well for me, In my opinion I would say that Gundam 00 S2 is the best series ongoing so far followed by Rideback and then Soul Eater. Toradora and Casshern are also good too but I watch Toradora for the lols. lol

Favourite:
( Click to show/hide )

(#38 (permalink)) Old
Demon Lord
ARTHURIUSS newfag

Default 02-14-2009, 08:23 PM

THE only standout series this season so far is Casshern sins.by standout i really mean an anime which is going to be rememberd many years from now and still draw in new audience.the other current shows might enjoy immense popularity at present but a few years from now no ones going to remember them or think about them(yeah that includes toradora)and they just fade into the background like all average animes.
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
Gundam
Titens newfag

Default 02-14-2009, 10:12 PM

Clannad after story is gonna be remembered more than casshern no matter how bad or good it's in the end. Personally i prefer casshern to this but even so this one is going to be remembered for years, even if it's only because of it's 3 predecesors.
Then you also have 00 that I still haven't seen but everyone say it's awesome, and of course rideback so far is incredible so it might become a classic too.

(#40 (permalink)) Old
Demon Lord
ARTHURIUSS newfag

Default 02-15-2009, 05:56 AM

Clannad as a whole series is a standout and any gundam series willalways be a standout because of the past heritage and the iconic status assosciated with the name Gundam inthe anime world.I mentioned Casshern because it is a new anime that belongs exclusively to this season.

Tags
2010 anime favorites, ecchi