Arcade
Go Back   Anime Take Forums > Manga & Light Novel > Manga Reviews
Reload this Page Koisome Momiji
Manga Reviews Quality manga reviews here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Review Staff Leader
Amario People like me. :D

Default Koisome Momiji - 11-26-2012, 02:09 AM

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Rating [9/10]
Genre Comedy, Harem, Romance, School Life, Shounen, Slice of Life
Author Miura Tadahiro & Sakamoto Tsugirou
Artist Miura Tadahiro & Sakamoto Tsugirou
4 Volumes. 31 Chapters(32 if you include the one shot).

Synopsis

A girl asks Katsuragi Shouta to take a picture of her with Enoshima in the background. Embarassed by her cuteness, he takes the picture and runs away. He later finds out that she is an actress by the name of Shinomiya Sana. A TV drama, Koisome Momiji, will be shot in Shouta's town and Sana will be starring in one of the lead roles, as a passionate girl who whole-heartedly chases after the guy she loves. However, Sana has never experienced that kind of love. To practice for this role (and maybe truly fall in love) Sana asks Shouta to be her boyfriend!

My review

This manga is ecchi.

Before I go on this review for this series it is highly recommended that you read the "one shot" for this series (same title) before it got its serialization it was a perfect 10/10 release which managed to contain everything a romantic comedy should consist off good characters, interesting plot line and a nice setting of romance what more could you ask for, its no wonder that it got an immediate serialization.
Now onto the actual series itself I have to say it was definitely an enjoyable read all the more the one shot for the series brought forth a high expectation of excitement that I truly was looking forward to. And even more it was done by duo set of author and artist who managed to bring forth a rather interesting setting for a certain protagonist who falls in love with the main heroine in the classic "love at first sight". It was remarkable on how well this was executed and admit the heroine's entrance to the series was truly exceptional.

The start of everything.

Characters were just outstanding is how I would describe them this series was rather enjoyable and very easy to distinguish the type of characters that we are presented to. The protagonist Katsuragi Shouta is the type of character who never does well with the opposite sex especially when it is someone he likes. In terms of character representation the author kept a simple cliche and generic theme to him that most have seen before but nonetheless posses a unique trait which they followed from the one shot and that is when the character 'blushes' it really stands out.
Shinomiya Sana the main heroine of this series I cannot express how much I loved this heroine her appearance to this series was just outstanding in terms of her personality its been done before nothing special in those terms but once again how the author went about executing her into the series was just brilliantly done. She is placed as a major actress who comes to start her next role series she will be in. Her character becomes much more developed in terms of her interaction to Katsuragi, we get the sense of how two people slowly come together. She originally chose Katsuragi as her practice partner role in the upcoming drama she will be in.
Nanasato Yui the second heroine of the series, her character was just plain weird but a good type of weird its quite hard to express I will leave it to your judgement her appearance to the series is the same level as Sana an actress but in her stand alone a gravure idol as well who not only comes to be in the same drama as Sana but to come to get back her first love Katsuragi.
Kasuga Kotori the final heroine although her role of impact comes later in the series she too is an idol who originally planned to use Katsuragi against Sana and Nana so she can get her way to top and become the main heroine for the new drama that all three are in. Her personality is actually a split one due one side her true self being a kind, caring and hard worker but the one she puts up as in front of others are the complete opposite. Personally I loved her character who just appealed to me.
The support characters for this series were not that many it basically consisted of two of Katsuragi's friends and perhaps one or two other minor characters.

How unexpected.....

The artwork was outstanding I loved it; the mixture from the details of quality at one panel to next changed immensely depending on the event happening in each chapter for example if the artist tried to entice a sense of romance the details of quality would increase or if it was to be placed more comedy styled the art work would not be as high depth but maintain a right sense of quality to match the setting. The character designs were just beyond words forget about the sense of realism but instead the sense of romance for a manga then this is the series you should go for, the artwork comprises of such adorable designed heroines it just comes down to which heroine is your favorite. One clear detail that is shown is the expression of blushing although a unique trait of the protagonist it slowly goes to expand on each of the heroines.The background and landscape were drawn to match out the appearance of the story setting or draw is more detail scenario that was about to occur.

cherry blossoms!?! where are you?!

Art [9/10]

Overall a fabulous manga to read as I said earlier read the one shot of this series it has the same title. The manga consists of a good story setting, interesting characters especially one that blushes, and of course the important core part the romantic comedy furthermore the fact that this series uses a harem theme based it doesn't derive on that factor as it focuses more on the main heroine as it does on the other two heroines. There are those would think the use of using idols/actresses in to a manga series would not work so well but this manga series prove you wrong!. The artwork is just beautiful especially when a romantic event is about to occur the details quality changes and with that the atmosphere does as well. Truly a manga worth reading!
Another recent one shot was released by these two authors called Fami Dol check it out!

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Amario; 04-10-2013 at 08:43 AM..
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Review Staff
chaotix37 Related to Mr. Good-guy

Send a message via Skype™ to chaotix37
Default 11-26-2012, 02:21 AM

ONeshot is definitely way better.

Why take things seriously? [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Flying Panty Books
cloud04 Related to Mr. Good-guy

Send a message via MSN to cloud04 Send a message via Skype™ to cloud04
Default 11-26-2012, 02:42 AM

its not that ecchi compared to others but yea oneshot was better!

( Click to show/hide )
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Soul Eater
Shinoki Related to Mr. Good-guy

Default 11-26-2012, 04:53 AM

i loved the oneshots! the manga was good too
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
The Revolution Is Here
Darkchao45 I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!Darkchao45 I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!Darkchao45 I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!Darkchao45 I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!Darkchao45 I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!Darkchao45 I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!

Send a message via Skype™ to Darkchao45
Default 11-27-2012, 03:44 AM

This looks interesting, but omg I have soooooooooooooooooooooo much manga to read and so little time... WHAT WILL I DO WITH MYSELF ;__________;

Thanks to everyone who made my sigs <3

Click and join if you likes teh K-Pop and anything related!

MAL

Playfire

tumblr

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Flying Panty Books

Default 11-27-2012, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkchao45 View Post
This looks interesting, but omg I have soooooooooooooooooooooo much manga to read and so little time... WHAT WILL I DO WITH MYSELF ;__________;
You know a lot more are coming out lol and i have another series hopefully out soon

( Click to show/hide )
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Esper
fakeremiya newfag

Send a message via MSN to fakeremiya
Default 12-02-2012, 01:42 AM

This manga was really good, too bad it didn't last as long as other romance's. Hopefully this gets an anime out of it.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
Milla Maxwell newfag

Default 12-14-2012, 05:10 AM

the ending of this manga was such a huge disappointment for me
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Flying Panty Books

Default 12-14-2012, 05:27 AM

well it was rushed/axed soo XD

( Click to show/hide )
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Chūnin
KNOWPEIN newfag

Default 12-14-2012, 01:17 PM

just read it...

liked oneshot better....

may be 4-5 chapters extension would have made it more interesting and not rushed

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Esper
Silvier newfag

Send a message via MSN to Silvier
Default 01-20-2013, 08:23 AM

Crap. Sometimes I forget that I am not a fast reader, just good at filtering out unneeded information. Since the text on the last page was formatted as "info text" I automatically skipped over it. I've just been patiently waiting for a new chapter since November.

I disagree with you totally when it comes to the third girl but I don't really remember how things ended with her. Good enough reason to reread it from the start. Other than that I agree with the review 100%. So much that I'll even over look that one typo.

I looked at the new one shot and looked like more of the same, which is awesome. If it gets a serial I'll have to add to my reading list ε- ( ̄、 ̄A) フゥー

My brother made a reference to Revenge of the Nerds. He was negative eleven when it came out. I'm pretty sure that qualifies it as a classic.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Review Staff Leader
Amario People like me. :D

Default 01-20-2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvier View Post

I disagree with you totally when it comes to the third girl but I don't really remember how things ended with her. Good enough reason to reread it from the start. Other than that I agree with the review 100%. So much that I'll even over look that one typo.
Glad you liked the series.
Thanks for the heads up for the typo. It has been fixed.