Go Back   Anime Take Forums > Manga & Light Novel > Manga Discussion
Reload this Page New manga coming into my school! :D
Manga Discussion Discussion related to manga

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Trainee
Sakiio newfag

Smile New manga coming into my school! :D - 08-31-2013, 05:51 AM

My school is going to bringing in a whole heap of manga into the library and they want some suggestions
The only manga I have read is the first Dragon Ball Z graphic novel. So if you guys could suggest some of your favourites that would be awesome

Click the image to open in full size.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
uschiffer89 Bad person

Default 08-31-2013, 07:12 AM

Manga. I don't know.. Shonen manga are a bit too distracting for a school library and seinen manga are a bit too violent/sexual for a school library.

But who cares.. MANGA!!!
Bleach Naruto OnePiece, Gantz, DeathNote, Gintama, Berserk, Beelzebub, Zombiepowder, Claymore, Soul Eater, Seikon no Qwaser, Sekirei, Mitsudomoe, Black Joke, Zettai Karen Children... among tons The others can mention.

But that is super weird, what your school is asking. Never heard of manga in a school library. Manga should be a personal labour of love and turmoil.

Last edited by uschiffer89; 08-31-2013 at 07:14 AM..
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Trainee
Sakiio newfag

Default 08-31-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uschiffer89 View Post
Manga. I don't know.. Shonen manga are a bit too distracting for a school library and seinen manga are a bit too violent/sexual for a school library.

But who cares.. MANGA!!!
Bleach Naruto OnePiece, Gantz, DeathNote, Gintama, Berserk, Beelzebub, Zombiepowder, Claymore, Soul Eater, Seikon no Qwaser, Sekirei, Mitsudomoe, Black Joke, Zettai Karen Children... among tons The others can mention.

But that is super weird, what your school is asking. Never heard of manga in a school library. Manga should be a personal labour of love and turmoil.
I have heard lots of good things about soul eater, I will defiantly suggest that and I will take a look at the others too

A student pitched it to the school and they agreed :3 I think it is a good idea :3 They already had Naruto and Fairy Tail there

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
uschiffer89 Bad person

Default 08-31-2013, 09:26 AM

A lot of those are ongoing...
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Starlight Breaker
digritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz god

Default 08-31-2013, 04:40 PM

If you are going to make suggestions you should be wary of your choices. Remember adults view things differently. Especially when it involves schools. As for Soul Eater I would have no problem with it however I can see why some would. Death, devils, witches, the after life.......it all may be a bit much to start with. You also have some spoil sports running home saying "Mom, Dad look what they put in the library".

I would go with something like One Piece or Hunter x Hunter. Then after it's been legitimized a bit more go for the hard stuff. Granted they too have violence but the subject matter is a bit different.

Schools have a tendency to give a short leash. Then at the last minute, "We thought it was a good idea but.........". It makes me question why they haven't put out guidelines for the suggestions. Or have they?

As for suggestions are you talking straight up manga or light novels and graphic novels too?

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
Edgar Allan Poe

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by digritz; 08-31-2013 at 04:58 PM..
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
Hakumen newfag

Default 08-31-2013, 07:13 PM

Berserk ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
Racthoh newfag

Default 08-31-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
yeah that's gonna be quite annoying for the students to pick up and have to figure out how to read the rest. if they ever figure out there is more to read that is.

anyways, i think lovely complex is a nice age appropriate manga. no violence or inappropriate ecchi scenes. plus it's something for the female readers which i think they would appreciate.

edit: and it's completed too which is a huge bonus.

Last edited by Racthoh; 08-31-2013 at 10:14 PM..
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Flying Panty Books
cloud04 People like me. :D

Send a message via MSN to cloud04 Send a message via Skype™ to cloud04
Default 08-31-2013, 10:08 PM

most of them would probably the old series around 2006 ish kind..not the current ones

( Click to show/hide )
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Trainee
Sakiio newfag

Default 09-01-2013, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digritz View Post
It makes me question why they haven't put out guidelines for the suggestions. Or have they?

As for suggestions are you talking straight up manga or light novels and graphic novels too?
There have been no guide lines, they just straight out asked for suggestions
as for your other question, graphic novels are pretty much manga any way but they specifically asked for manga.

Quote:
I know, right now in the school library I would say there is only 10 manga's all up; so no where near, for example, where Naruto Shipuden is up to.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Trainee
Sakiio newfag

Default 09-10-2013, 12:15 PM

Thanks everyone for your suggestions
Sadly they didn't take my suggestions into account (which carried your suggestions) /:
They ended up getting More Naruto, Fairy Tail and all the current Black Butler mangas.

Tags
manga, school library, sugestions