Go Back   Anime Take Forums > Entertainment > Drama Discussion > Japanese Drama
Reload this Page J-Drama: Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#501 (permalink)) Old
Demon Lord
angelEji newfag

Default 09-21-2011, 07:27 PM

LMAO!!!! what's with the tag????

Detective Conan, huh? never watched that one.
oh! and that new cast, you can find him in Akai Ito and Boss too! he is pretty good as an actor! ^^

btw, I just finished Kimi Wa Petto. just sooooo cute!!!!

Click the image to open in full size.
  (#502 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin
Yukizboy newfag

Default 09-22-2011, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelEji View Post
LMAO!!!!! dude!!! you have to think about the pic. in the foreground, you have the real Boss! Xp
Just watched episode 1 of BOSS and I feel totally gypped!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

^ This show has absolutely nothing to do with that picture! x_x Hahaha. I thought this show was like Love Shuffle or Ocean's Eleven or something since everybody is looking all cool and stuff in the promo pic.

But it is actually a detective crime CSI type show with super close-ups of burnt bodies and stuff. LOL. And worse... Erika Toda is like a grungy loner emo girl in the show... she is not even wearing that dress! Which is the main reason why I even watched the show in the first place. LOL.

Yup. They totally tricked Yukizboy. LOL. Although... I did love the show intro... everybody looked cool in the intro. LOL.

Quote:
btw, I just finished Kimi Wa Petto. just sooooo cute!!!!
*reads plot of Kimi Wa Petto* *ahem*

"However, when she finds an unconscious young man lying in a box out the front of her home and takes him in. He looks like a dog she used to own called Momo. She dubs him Momo and decides to "keep him as a pet."

What the heck kind of plot is that? Hahaha. That sounds like something only a girl would probably watch... actually, that kinda sounds like a girl's dream show. LOL.
  (#503 (permalink)) Old
Demon Lord
angelEji newfag

Default 09-23-2011, 08:37 PM

WHAT????? you ainmed for that dress????? LMAO!!!! dude... *shakes*shakes* you are too good! XDDD hahahahahaha
of course, it's action.
yeah. some drama don't have that good of an opening. this one is good.
you'll see the second season, it's like a continuation. pretty cool! ^.-

eto.... >.> *cough*cough*
what's bad about liking such a drama like Kimi Wa Petto? <.<
well, it was good for watching it once and Jun Matsumoto was..... O.O so young! O.O

btw, did you try watching Ouran High School Host Club, the live action? in the end, the cast looks better than I thought. but there are a phew greehorns whose acting isn't polished yet. it's a pity in a sense.

(#504 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin
Yukizboy newfag

Default 09-26-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Maybe I'll just watch the Boss 2 opening on youtube then since I don't think I am gonna watch the rest of that series. LOL.

Quote:
well, it was good for watching it once and Jun Matsumoto was..... O.O so young! O.O
Yah! It is super weird watching one of your fav actors earliest J-dramas. Like I was watching Yui Aragaki's latest J-drama Zenkai Girl, but in between episodes I watched her very first J-drama Sh15uya which was from like 2005... HOLY CRAP! She looked young. LOL.

The whole time I was watching it I was all like, "Why are you so young looking darn it! I demand you stop being so young looking this instant! " LOL.

And ever since HYD I hated Jun Matsumoto... but then I had to watch him again in Smile since Yui Aragaki was in that one too. And man... at the very end of that show... he like cut his hair short and cleaned himself up and I was all like... okay... I have to admit I hate you a little less now. LOL.

Quote:
btw, did you try watching Ouran High School Host Club, the live action? in the end, the cast looks better than I thought. but there are a phew greehorns whose acting isn't polished yet. it's a pity in a sense.
Nope. The cast of Ouran High School does indeed look pretty nice looking though. LOL. I'm thinking of watching Ikemen desu ne (2011) as my next J-drama.

How about the new Hana Kimi... did you check that out yet? Isn't the old one starring Maki Horikita like your fav J-drama or something? LOL. I heard nobody likes the new version because they don't like the new cast and because like everybody who watched the old one says Ikuta Toma was their first love. LOL.
  (#505 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin
Yukizboy newfag

Default 09-28-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukizboy View Post
Nope. The cast of Ouran High School does indeed look pretty nice looking though. LOL.
Yah, I take that back. LOL. Watching Ep. 1 of Ouran High School Host Club J-drama and this show is freaking me out. LOL.

First... I cannot even tell if the poor binbo star dude is supposed to be a boy or girl. LOL. Although I find myself oddly attracted to him... so I'm guessing girl. LOL. Two... the leader Tamaki or whatever is not even handsome IMO... the twins are weird looking IMO, so is the big silent one, the vice president is even less handsome than Tamaki and that little cutesy one... something is wrong with him I think. LOL. Plus, everybody in this show like totally acts all ghey. LOL.
  (#506 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin
Yukizboy newfag

Default 09-30-2011, 09:11 AM

Watching the J-drama Futatsu no Spica and I really like it. It is about a bunch of young and pretty Japanese students who are training to become astronauts. It sort of reminds me of the anime Planetes.

It has a great looking cast too: http://fiibii.files.wordpress.com/20...u-no-spica.jpg <---- That dude on the left... he's dreamy. LOL.
  (#507 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin
Yukizboy newfag

Default 10-03-2011, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Finished BOSS S1... not bad, two episodes were pretty cool (high school genius girl and abuse counselor dude), but the rest were mostly just... meh.

Out of curiosity I checked out the 1st ep of BOSS S2... didn't like it, but the ending was indeed really cool. EXCEPT! Where the heck is Erika Toda in the fancy shmancy ending! This is an outrage! LOL.

And also... even though it has only been 2 years between S1 & S2... Erika Toda looks so much older now. LOL.
  (#508 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin
Yukizboy newfag

Default 10-12-2011, 10:19 AM

Watching the J-drama Hachi-One Diver which is about Shoji... which they say is the Japanese version of Chess, except I love Chess... and I still have no idea what is going on during the match. LOL.

But this show is cool because they use over the top special effects for the most mundane things... like when the dude is going to lay down his final Shoji piece on the board they make it look like he is Byakuya about to lay down some Bankai on his opponent. LOL.
  (#509 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin
Yukizboy newfag

Default 10-16-2011, 09:23 AM

^ Holy Smokes... finished it up and Hachi One Diver is the absolute WORST J-drama I have ever watched! LOL. I mean it has great production value... good special effects... good camera work... and a good cast... but it is just so spectacularly bad. LOL.

The main problem is that it is so over the top... I mean they always try to make like there is this intense life or death drama like it was the US action show "24" or something... but they are just playing Shoji! LOL. And man... the story is the most ridiculously preposterous story ever.

Currently watching Shiroi Haru starring Abe Hiroshi (he's the best) and it is really good so far.
  (#510 (permalink)) Old
Trainee
ComradeMP newfag

Default 12-18-2011, 04:29 AM

Wow. I've been out of the J-dorama scene for about two years now..... Don't remember the last one I'ce seen even.

I remember the first one I watched was about the life of Minamoto Musashi and one about the Shinsengumi. Random channel surfing (tv sucked in general, still hold that opinion, I don't own a TV) landed me there. It was interesting (subtitles) and I kept watching.

What really hooked me was Trick (トリック) S1,2,3 +SP's. Gotta love Yamada and Ueda and all the shananigans. Really good comical/detective type series. While I have a long list of all the ones I've seen since a few of the one that I really liked are:

Yankee-kun to Megane-chan
Gakko ja oshierarenai!
Yamada taro no monogatari
Mirai koshi Megumi

but one of my personal faves is:
Sekai no Chūshin de, Ai o Sakebu

森でうんこしてもみたあげでふいた。
AGE (All Genre Ero) Exploration Club: Founder/Chairman, Americas Branch

Apprentice to Tsuchiya Kouta, Follower of Nishimoto " The buddha " Ganji
  (#511 (permalink)) Old
Chūnin
TekNiiQ newfag

Default 12-20-2011, 10:00 PM

The last J-Drama I was was Liar Game. I have no idea why I stopped
  (#512 (permalink)) Old
Mahou ☆ Shoujo
st2l Silent Helper

Default 01-19-2012, 05:02 PM

The last one I watched was The Wallflower, it was fun watching it ^^

My Blog --> [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] + Blog [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

(#513 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
KpopOtaku newfag

Default 03-08-2012, 02:25 AM

Not many Jdrama fans here i see? that makes me sad since there are constantly good shows aired every season! As for my favorites Hana Kimi (of course) Liar Game, Bloody Monday, Guilty. there are so many jdramas to watch so you people should start watching xD
  (#514 (permalink)) Old
Demon Lord
angelEji newfag

Default 03-11-2012, 12:02 PM

^ Guilty? I don't know that one.... (not like I know a lot though XD) what is its genre?

It's like an eternity since I saw a new drama so, I decided watching Love Shuffle once again. Man, did it crak me up! XDD

(#515 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
KpopOtaku newfag

Default 03-12-2012, 05:37 AM

^ Guilty Akuma to Keiyakushita Onna if you wanna check it out it's a mystery/romance-ish story that's very very good much recommended
  (#516 (permalink)) Old
Demon Lord
angelEji newfag

Default 03-15-2012, 11:30 AM

oh!!! it's been such a while since I last saw a j-drama, I think I'll download it! ^^
thanks!

(#517 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
dothackjhe newfag

Default 03-15-2012, 03:41 PM

I just want to ask, is there a J-drama / K-drama section on this site?

(#518 (permalink)) Old
Trainee
Bakachi newfag

Default 08-29-2012, 12:39 PM

Any fabulous websites for doramas?

Also wants recommendations on comedy ones. I've watched My boss my hero, My boss my student/teacher (or whatever it was) and another that I cannot remember.

Made by Reisen from Bloody-Rose
  (#519 (permalink)) Old
Chūnin
neoharaki Bad person

Default 09-14-2013, 08:01 AM

any one remembering about Kamen Raider Black or Kamen Raider 1 or other kamen raider series before year 2000????

thats so nostalgic >.<

Last edited by neoharaki; 09-14-2013 at 08:06 AM..

Tags
erica toda is cute, venom was here first