Reload this Page The best Anime video player
General Discussion Discussion related to anything

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
shin1000 newfag

Default The best Anime video player - 12-20-2012, 08:53 AM

hey guys I'm going to get to the point, What's the best MKV player to use for anime viewing?

I tried using MPC but when the background moves the subtitles disappear.

so what program/s do you usually use to watch mkv files?

Thanks to does who shares :3
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Starlight Breaker
digritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz god

Default 12-20-2012, 09:21 AM

I don't think I have ever seen anyone here recommend Zoom player. But for me it's aways been the best choice. I have never found any other player with as many customizable features as Zoom. I also have never had a problem with video quality or subtitles.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
Edgar Allan Poe

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
shin1000 newfag

Default 12-20-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digritz View Post
I don't think I have ever seen anyone here recommend Zoom player. But for me it's aways been the best choice. I have never found any other player with as many customizable features as Zoom. I also have never had a problem with video quality or subtitles.
Hey thanks for recommending I'm definitely going to try zoom.
But did you install CCCP like some people say? I never really get what's the purpose of CCCP.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
Kager newfag

Default 12-20-2012, 12:04 PM

I've always used VLC simply cause it plays everything I drop into it, and I don't really "customize" anything. Plus I never had to install any other codec or w/e to play anything.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
asiandj newfag

Default 12-20-2012, 01:13 PM

I prefer PotPlayer. It has a clean interface and a lot of features. Plays anything I throw at it.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
PlayboyJoe newfag

Default 12-20-2012, 01:15 PM

Since I started downloading and watching anime on a regular basis, I decided to go for the KMPlayer. It wasn't always easy to handle since the update support wasn't all that decent a few month ago. But as of right now I would recommend KMPlayer to literally anyone who wants to watch high quality anime. There are plenty of customizeable settings, in fact you can adjust almost everything if you want. Only downside is the lack of the blu-ray subtitle format .sup (PGS) support, which could be a problem if you want to watch blu-rays with the player (should be fixed in an upcoming update). Otherwise there are no restrictions and KMPlayer is easily on the top of media players right now.

Last edited by PlayboyJoe; 12-20-2012 at 01:18 PM..
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Adminifuckingstrator
WsE Related to Mr. Good-guy

Default 12-20-2012, 01:26 PM

Just get CCCP.

No questions.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Semi-Retired Forum Mod
Dao I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!Dao I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!

Default 12-20-2012, 06:54 PM

Like WsE said, we recommend you to get CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack).
Their site is: http://www.cccp-project.net/

After installation you should have a new player entitled "Media Player Classic" remember to use that for every video you watch.

If you have old codecs such as K-lite or something else, make sure to remove those first before installing CCCP.

Click the image to open in full size.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
State Alchemist
Badej Silent Helper

Default 12-20-2012, 08:13 PM

and for the flashing subtitle bug try what's been described in this thread: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]]
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Dragon Slayer
alcaray Related to Mr. Good-guy

Default 12-20-2012, 09:53 PM

@shin1000:
Nobody's explained your issue to you so I thought i would mention that you need more than just a player to play modern video files (especially ones with subtitles). This is probably why you are having trouble.

You also need renderers and codecs. The CCCP package (which I also use) and the other packages mentioned as suggestions in this thread all come with codecs bundled and either bundled renderers or with renderer functionality built into the player.

Note that you will need to update whichever solution you choose periodically. This is because the guys who work on this occasionally invent improvements. When the video files start to include these improvements, then you need to update players/codecs/renderers or else your viewing experience will suffer. The CCCP package, and VLC and Zoom etc. are all designed to include everything you need so you don't need to go out and find all the pieces and install them separately.

"There are people who make a life's work of tricking others... but just because something is convincing, that does not make it true. It is merely convincing."
- Karl Schroeder, Ventus
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Starlight Breaker
digritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz goddigritz god

Default 12-21-2012, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcaray View Post
@shin1000:
Nobody's explained your issue to you so I thought i would mention that you need more than just a player to play modern video files (especially ones with subtitles). This is probably why you are having trouble.

You also need renderers and codecs. The CCCP package (which I also use) and the other packages mentioned as suggestions in this thread all come with codecs bundled and either bundled renderers or with renderer functionality built into the player.

Note that you will need to update whichever solution you choose periodically. This is because the guys who work on this occasionally invent improvements. When the video files start to include these improvements, then you need to update players/codecs/renderers or else your viewing experience will suffer. The CCCP package, and VLC and Zoom etc. are all designed to include everything you need so you don't need to go out and find all the pieces and install them separately.
@shin1000:
Everything alcaray said, as well as everyone else is correct,

Irregardless of the player you use you need CCCP. There are others like CoreAVC which I have used but CCCP is the easiest from an implantation stand point. There are issues with overlapping filters and such but for the 95% that don't want to mess with things like customized LAV filters CCCP is the easiest to use. It's basically plug-n-play.

If you want more help and or info this is a pretty good site to check out.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
Edgar Allan Poe

Last edited by digritz; 12-21-2012 at 04:55 AM..
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
Ender0g newfag

Send a message via AIM to Ender0g
Default Yeah i use MPC - 12-21-2012, 05:36 AM

I just use MPC it comes with CCCP works for me.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
appdevman newfag

Send a message via AIM to appdevman Send a message via MSN to appdevman Send a message via Yahoo to appdevman
Default 12-21-2012, 07:34 AM

KMPlayer for years, and primarily now. Done the CCCP thing, it works, I just dont like MPC, its bland and boring to me, nothing exciting about using it. The audio renders I get from KMPlayer, on my system at least, have been the most dynamic. It comes down to personal choice pretty much, we aren't limited to one solution anymore; not like it used to be years ago, thats for sure.
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Chūnin
redemption024 Related to Mr. Good-guy

Default 12-26-2012, 04:25 AM

'nough said here.

p/s: I used cccp. lol

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Chūnin
Alphard Silent Helper

Default 12-27-2012, 05:58 PM

Pot player, plays 10bit out of the box and everything else. I avoid codec packs.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
State Alchemist
vip82 I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!vip82 I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!vip82 I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!vip82 I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!vip82 I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!vip82 I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!

Default 12-27-2012, 06:05 PM

K-Lite Codec Pack Mega with Media Player Classic.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Trainee
Freedomno1 Related to Mr. Good-guy

Default 12-28-2012, 02:54 AM

VLC still have Matroska though MPC is ok too
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Esper
chococya96 newfag

Default 12-28-2012, 08:32 PM

You have two options:

- Lazy: Get CCCP or K-Lite and use VLC/MPC
- Not lazy: Get pot player and download LAV filter megamix. Here is the only detailed [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] on how to set-up. The blogger also regularly updates his guide so nothing is out-dated.

The choice is entirely up to you as you'll have to find out which one suits you the best. Though it's pretty much self-explanatory...

On the side note, don't use KMPlayer as its no longer supported by the company (Daum).

Last edited by chococya96; 12-28-2012 at 08:37 PM..
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Esper
First1 newfag

Default 12-29-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chococya96 View Post
You have two options:
On the side note, don't use KMPlayer as its no longer supported by the company (Daum).
So what? They are good if ffdshow is good too and vica versa. I use both, because the potplayer is better for mkv. The kmplayer is fine too with older versions (for weaker windows pc). I dunno well the linux part, i used the xine, but it was buggy. All in all it's not my problem, i just started to watch anime online and i like it.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Esper
chococya96 newfag

Default 12-29-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by First1 View Post
So what? They are good if ffdshow is good too and vica versa. I use both, because the potplayer is better for mkv. The kmplayer is fine too with older versions (for weaker windows pc). I dunno well the linux part, i used the xine, but it was buggy. All in all it's not my problem, i just started to watch anime online and i like it.
Whatever floats your boat mate. If using outdated player is your thing, then so be it.

Oh and one more thing, if you actually knew how to configure these players you wouldn't need "both" players to watch animu. It seems that your not even utilizing the full potential of these players to begin with.

Then again, you've just "started" watching via streaming... "facepalm" I don't know what to say anymore.

Last edited by chococya96; 12-29-2012 at 10:40 PM..
Closed Thread