Arcade
Go Back   Anime Take Forums > Other > General Discussion
Reload this Page ACTA (another bad bill)
General Discussion Discussion related to anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#41 (permalink)) Old
Chūnin
NLwino Silent Helper

Default 02-02-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfSoul View Post
Nederland heeft wel degelijk getekend toen dertijd in Tokyo.

For NLWino: > [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

And just so you know NlWino, We are protected by Dutch law that renders ACTA ineffective, even if it passes by June, it won't do shit to us. We are just enjoying how Brein fails and still acts proud without knowing what the fuck is going on with XS4All and Ziggo. Happy pirating brah.

Also the real petitition going on which had reached 1 million+ signatures in less than a week:
Heb je de links goed gelezen die je zelf hebt gepost? Quote van [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Quote:
Update, 14:47: Nederland heeft het acta-verdrag nog niet ondertekend, laat Europarlementariėr Schaake na navraag weten. De Nederlandse ambassadeur zou niet op tijd toestemming hebben gekregen om het document te ondertekenen; de reden is onduidelijk. Waarschijnlijk gebeurt dit binnenkort alsnog.
Local(national) laws have to adapt to international laws and agreements. So if the Netherlands sign ACTA the government also agrees to adapt the dutch laws to ACTA.
Source (for the dutch readers): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

QFT
( Click to show/hide )

Click the image to open in full size.
  (#42 (permalink)) Old
Carpe Diem
WolfSoul semi-newfag

Send a message via MSN to WolfSoul Send a message via Skype™ to WolfSoul
Default 02-03-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLwino View Post
Heb je de links goed gelezen die je zelf hebt gepost? Quote van [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Local(national) laws have to adapt to international laws and agreements. So if the Netherlands sign ACTA the government also agrees to adapt the dutch laws to ACTA.
Source (for the dutch readers): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Dat was toendertijd, hij was al getekend daarna. Hij moest gewoon wachten en daarna werd het gewoon getekend, alleen stond dat niet in het artikel. Ik weet wanneer ik iets post en de datum van dat artikel bewijst al genoeg. Ze hadden immers wat beters te doen dan een oud artikel weer te updaten en gingen door met hun dagelijks behoefte.

And those articles are respectively Article 93 and 94. But they can get dropped, if our parliament agrees to and can oversee it and still let Acta be active without disturbing anything. I read the different discussions thoughtfully and use those as a source.

( Click to show/hide )

(#43 (permalink)) Old
Semi-Retired Forum Mod
Dao I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!Dao I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!

Default 02-23-2012, 09:20 AM

Heard this was rejected and banned recently, Anyone have news on that?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
  (#44 (permalink)) Old
Donor
Dawnthief newfag

Default 02-24-2012, 04:40 AM

The US and Canada have already signed on to this.

(#45 (permalink)) Old
The Revolution Is Here
Darkchao45 I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!Darkchao45 I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!Darkchao45 I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!Darkchao45 I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!Darkchao45 I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!Darkchao45 I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!

Send a message via Skype™ to Darkchao45
Default 02-24-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuDao View Post
Heard this was rejected and banned recently, Anyone have news on that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnthief View Post
The US and Canada have already signed on to this.

Who the hell am I supposed to believe here

Thanks to everyone who made my sigs <3

Click and join if you likes teh K-Pop and anything related!

MAL

Playfire

tumblr

(#46 (permalink)) Old
Soul Eater
Conduit People like me. :D

Default 02-24-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkchao45 View Post
A number of countries agreed to support ACTA, including the US.(although theres quite a bit debate over that, Obama agreed to it, even though Congress has authority over international trade agreements, not the President) However theres still quite a bit scuffle over it in the EU, where several countries like Germany and Poland have out right refused to supprt ACTA in its current state, and in order for it to be ratified it requires unanimous approval from the entire EU. But its still not actually dead yet, right now ACTA has been sent to the ECJ(the highest court in the EU) for them to decide if ACTA does infact violate EU rights.
If the ECJ comes back and its their opinion that ACTA does infact violate the rights of the EU than it will pretty much be dead at that point. However, considering that EU lawmakers had been conspiring in secret since 2008 on the ACTA bill, I'm not particularly inclined to trust that the ECJ will come back with an honest review of the bill.

This is the INTERNET!
If you're not making baseless assumptions, random accusations, applying Rules 34 and 35, implementing Godwin's Law, cross-genre'ing cats and ponies and judging the bejesus out of people... YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!
( Click to show/hide )
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] today!
  (#47 (permalink)) Old
Semi-Retired Forum Mod

Default 02-24-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conduit View Post
A number of countries agreed to support ACTA, including the US.(although theres quite a bit debate over that, Obama agreed to it, even though Congress has authority over international trade agreements, not the President) However theres still quite a bit scuffle over it in the EU, where several countries like Germany and Poland have out right refused to supprt ACTA in its current state, and in order for it to be ratified it requires unanimous approval from the entire EU. But its still not actually dead yet, right now ACTA has been sent to the ECJ(the highest court in the EU) for them to decide if ACTA does infact violate EU rights.
If the ECJ comes back and its their opinion that ACTA does infact violate the rights of the EU than it will pretty much be dead at that point. However, considering that EU lawmakers had been conspiring in secret since 2008 on the ACTA bill, I'm not particularly inclined to trust that the ECJ will come back with an honest review of the bill.
Wow, Obama rejects SOPA but Accepts ACTA. What the fuck Obama.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
  (#48 (permalink)) Old
Soul Eater

Default 02-24-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuDao View Post
Wow, Obama rejects SOPA but Accepts ACTA. What the fuck Obama.
Obama also called NDAA unconstitutional and said he would fight it, then turned around and signed it into law the moment it hit his desk. I have every belief that if SOPA/PIPA had made it to Obama he would have signed them without giving it a second thought.

Atleast with ACTA it won't actually effect us if it fails to pass in the EU, since the agreement to abide by ACTA's rules would be null and void.

This is the INTERNET!
If you're not making baseless assumptions, random accusations, applying Rules 34 and 35, implementing Godwin's Law, cross-genre'ing cats and ponies and judging the bejesus out of people... YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!
( Click to show/hide )
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] today!
  (#49 (permalink)) Old
Big Daddy
Des Silent Helper

Default 02-25-2012, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkchao45 View Post
You should belive my friend who lives in Canada.
Canada signed it 2 years ago
They forced it one them in secrecy.
The same goes for USA.

Oh and it hasn`t been rejected, the EU parlament won`t vote on it before in June.

Last edited by Des; 02-25-2012 at 03:39 AM..
  (#50 (permalink)) Old
Soul Eater

Default 02-25-2012, 05:09 AM

You know its really sad when you look at the attitudes of the EU politicians. In the US support for SOPA and PIPA evaporated literally over night after only one day of organised protest. Now granted it being an election year helped, but still, they realized their constituents were against it and backed down. On the other hand, people have been protesting ACTA for months, with large scale protests and yet the EU politicians are still trying to ram ACTA down the people's throat.

This is the INTERNET!
( Click to show/hide )
  (#51 (permalink)) Old
Chūnin
NLwino Silent Helper

Default 02-25-2012, 05:56 PM

Just a little check, but did everyone sign [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] already?

QFT
( Click to show/hide )

(#52 (permalink)) Old
Esper
chococya96 newfag

Default 02-28-2012, 09:19 PM

What's the status of this bill? Still being debated or rejected?

(#53 (permalink)) Old
Semi-Retired Forum Mod

Default 02-28-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chococya96 View Post
What's the status of this bill? Still being debated or rejected?
Someone said that it's still being signed and it's up the the EU's.

(#54 (permalink)) Old
Big Daddy
Des Silent Helper

Default 02-29-2012, 12:48 AM

Again;
The EU Parlament will vote on it in June sometime(this year).
They will probably vote yes, even though they know most people protest it.
I hope the politicians in Norway won`t be as douchy as the EU politicians have been and listen to the working people, instead of the big corparations.
  (#55 (permalink)) Old
Esper
chococya96 newfag

Default 02-29-2012, 02:08 PM

Ahh that sucks... looks like our fate of internet lies within EU...

(#56 (permalink)) Old
Semi-Retired Forum Mod

Default 02-29-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chococya96 View Post
Ahh that sucks... looks like our fate of internet lies within EU...
Well, we never know what can happen.
If the act does pass I'm SURE they'll be A LOT of riots and protests world wide.

(#57 (permalink)) Old
Trainee
Satsuki-Chan newfag

Default 03-03-2012, 03:58 PM

Not only does it affect the internet, this damn crap affect outside the internet as well. I was reading a artical that was saying that they were going to use ATCA to also make the secondary cheaper version of name brand drugs that you get from a doctor(Don't know how to spell it I think it's Genaric?) Crimanal. there gonna get rid of the cheaper ones so the money hores get their money.

It's like WTF what about the people who can't Afford name brand Medican(?) you a-holes.

This bill can't pass it'll affect the middle class and poor people as well, not just the internet.

I don't remember where I saw it. it was like 2 weeks ago. I think there was an artical on it in yahoo or something.

Jikka ni kaeru no yo! BAKA! BAAKAA!! BAAAAKAAAA!!!

Last edited by Satsuki-Chan; 03-03-2012 at 04:00 PM..
  (#58 (permalink)) Old
Big Daddy
Des Silent Helper

Default 04-29-2012, 01:09 PM

What's the news on this?
Some say they've dropped it becaus of all the protesting, but I haven't read any credible news about that.