Go Back   Anime Take Forums > Entertainment > Drama Discussion
Reload this Page Best Hana yori Dango version
Drama Discussion Drama Related Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
grimangel newfag

Lightbulb Best Hana yori Dango version - 09-26-2010, 11:10 AM

Not sure where to place this and cant figure out how to place a poll, ive been using smf ever since and am only new to using vbulletin.

Anyway, ive watched and read the anime and manga of boys over flowers. One of the only two series that has more men than women ive watched (the other one being nadeshiko) in harem sense anyway. I enjoyed it well, and as time passes on the series had some drama reincarnations. The taiwanese had first dibs with meteor garden. After its success the japs made as what i felt was the best one retaining all their original names. After that the koreans hit with boys over flowers.

The best one would always be hana yori dango (japanese). Not only is it the only one with a fair looking heroine, makino you're the best! For me it is the best produced version.

So what are you're opinions on this?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
State Alchemist
Rush semi-newfag

Send a message via MSN to Rush
Default 09-26-2010, 12:11 PM

I'd have to go with the Korean version, Goo joon pyo was jokes.

Untrust Us
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
yami-tamashi newfag

Default 09-26-2010, 01:29 PM

the jap. version is the best
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Chūnin
ProjectZerO. newfag

Send a message via MSN to ProjectZerO.
Default 09-26-2010, 10:32 PM

japanese version then the korean version. i really didnt like the taiwanese version at all ._.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
grimangel newfag

Default 09-27-2010, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
I'd have to go with the Korean version, Goo joon pyo was jokes.
yeah but tsukasa was retarded and psychotic, lol.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Demon Lord
ARTHURIUSS newfag

Default 09-27-2010, 06:25 AM

Haven't seen anything but the Jap version but I keep hearing it's the best ver.

( Click to show/hide )
Click the image to open in full size.

Do the Shepard!
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
mmogames newfag

Default 09-27-2010, 07:32 AM

The first version i've watch is the meteor garden, then hana yori, then boys over flowers...

I love hana, then meteor then boys over flowers

few more post and I can DL wohooo
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Trainee
kamizuki newfag

Default 11-09-2010, 11:52 PM

hmm, only watch the japanese version, didnt know they had the other ones
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Chūnin
alex097 newfag

Send a message via MSN to alex097
Default 11-10-2010, 05:47 AM

My beloved drama~ I think the japanese version is the best! (btw, I'm not gay but I really like it this one.)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin
Yukizboy newfag

Default 01-10-2011, 08:29 AM

I've only watched the Japanese version, but I looked at the cast of the Korean version and IMO... the Japanese guy cast are more handsome, but the Korean girl cast is more pretty. LOL.

And I watched the Japanese Hana Yori Dango movie... and that is like the worst movie in the history of the universe... it's soooooo horribly bad. LOL.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
Tsun-Ame newfag

Default 01-16-2011, 08:26 AM

I'd have to say that the Japanese version was the best! It made my heart skip so much beats, cry buckets and buckets of tears and giggle (Which I rarely do.) whenever they would have their sweet moments. I love this version the best since they captured the essence of the love-hate relationship best! This version has the meanest guy, the cutest and most hardworking and stubborn girl in my opinion.

Second would be the Taiwanese version. I love this almost as much as I love Hana Yori Dango. I've seen this from start to finish, but I find it a bit too dramatic for my tastes. This, being the first drama released that made use of the 'mean-boy-likes-nice-girl', has set a standard for its predecessors to follow. (Which, unfortunately, HYD broke.)

Last would be the Korean version, Boys Over Flowers. I personally found Jun Pyo a little bit too nice for my tastes. Also, Jan Di seemed to give in much more easily than San Chai and Tsukushi Makino. This cast, however, is the most eyecandy and utilizes a lot of beautiful places around Korea.

I'd like to say more, but I think this is too long already, lol. Enough of my two cents.

Hm.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin
Yukizboy newfag

Default 01-16-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsun-Ame View Post
I'd have to say that the Japanese version was the best!
I like the Japanese version because the F4 dudes were so cool. LOL. My fav was the tea drinking guy though.

Quote:
It made my heart skip so much beats, cry buckets and buckets of tears and giggle (Which I rarely do.) whenever they would have their sweet moments.
My fav moments were:
( Click to show/hide )
...when Tsukasa and Weed Girl (cannot remember her name, lol) got stuck in the elevator. And the scene when Yuki showed Cool F4 tea drinking dude the top of the building where the dawn sunlight caused the nearby signage to say a special message. That part made Yukizboy cry like baby. LOL.

Quote:
I love this version the best since they captured the essence of the love-hate relationship best!
This is true... but Tsukasa was so hopelessly emo in the beginning... it took so long for me to finally kind of like him. LOL.

Quote:
This version has the meanest guy, the cutest and most hardworking and stubborn girl in my opinion.
Yup. Weed Girl was pretty awesome.

Quote:
Last would be the Korean version, Boys Over Flowers. I personally found Jun Pyo a little bit too nice for my tastes. Also, Jan Di seemed to give in much more easily than San Chai and Tsukushi Makino. This cast, however, is the most eyecandy and utilizes a lot of beautiful places around Korea.
Makino! That's her name! LOL. That's what everybody says though... Korean version wins in the eye candy department. LOL. But I think in general... gurls prefer the Japanese version because of Weed Girl's performance and dudes prefer the Korean version... cuz of hawt Korean chix. LOL.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
Tsun-Ame newfag

Default 01-16-2011, 09:18 AM

Ahh~ I can vaguely remember the elevator scene, lol. ;A; I'm a terrible fan. TwT You must be a true fan, lol! ;A; My favorite part of HYD has got to be the beginning, lol! I loved Tsukasa when he was hopelessly emo and was such a badass towards Makino! <3 <3

By tea guy, do you mean Rui? The one that likes Makino? o: I feel terrible! I can barely remember anything. I have terrible memory, and I watched this 2 or 3 years ago. OTL

I should really rewatch this when I have the time. It gets my heart racing everytime! I've rewatched HYD twice now. To be honest, I didn't even bother finishing Boys Over Flowers. XD

Hm.
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin
Yukizboy newfag

Default 01-16-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Ahh~ I can vaguely remember the elevator scene, lol. ;A; I'm a terrible fan. TwT You must be a true fan, lol!
NUUUU! You is a true fan cuz you watch all three versions (except you never finish Korean version apparently, lol)! I am not really a fan of Hana Yori Dango actually... it is just that I recently marathoned the whole franchise... S1, S2 & the movie (which is like the worst J-movie ever made). LOL.

Quote:
;A; My favorite part of HYD has got to be the beginning, lol! I loved Tsukasa when he was hopelessly emo and was such a badass towards Makino! <3 <3
I just liked Tsukasa because he would always say the wrong thing or mispronounce something and then act like he just said something brilliant afterward. LOL.

Quote:
By tea guy, do you mean Rui? The one that likes Makino? o: I feel terrible! I can barely remember anything. I have terrible memory, and I watched this 2 or 3 years ago. OTL
No Rui was the blondie emo guy. Actually... F4 had 3 emo guys. LOL. Curly Hair Emo Tsukasa... Blonde Hair Emo Rui... the one Yakuza prince with the twin younger sisters who actually wasn't Emo at all... and finally the other Emo guy I like... the tea drinking... cool ladies man... loner motorcycle riding... Makino's best friend has a crush on him... the dude from Liar Game... guy... that's who I'm talking about. LOL.

Quote:
I should really rewatch this when I have the time. It gets my heart racing everytime! I've rewatched HYD twice now. To be honest, I didn't even bother finishing Boys Over Flowers. XD
Even though I kinda liked Hana Yori Dango... don't think I will ever watch it again. And even if you put a gun to my head... I will NEVER watch the final HYD movie again. LOL.
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin
Yukizboy newfag

Default 01-17-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimangel View Post
yeah but tsukasa was retarded and psychotic, lol.
Yah, that is my main problem with Hana Yori Dango really... the whole main relationship premise is based on something unbelievable IMO. I mean didn't Tsukasa...
( Click to show/hide )
...directly order the first attack on Makino in the first place? Who knows what would have happened if Rui wasn't there to stop it...
...and yet Makino still likes Tsukasa after that? I don't think that's how it works in RL. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex097 View Post
My beloved drama~ I think the japanese version is the best! (btw, I'm not gay but I really like it this one.)
Me too! Just because Yukizboy like J-drama with lots of handsome asian males in it don't make him ghey! LOL.
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
baudbandit newfag

Default 03-12-2011, 11:32 PM

I saw the taiwanese version first then the jp version, and then the korean version. I like the jp version best altho the move was REALLY BAD!!!!!!!!!!!! The korean version is actually quite good!!!
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
spudgie newfag

Default 03-13-2011, 03:57 AM

It's a hard choice for me. I liked both the Korean and Japanese series. I didn't quite like the second HYD or the movie. Now where I can make decisions is characters.

I like Mao Inoue the best.
I prefer Lee Minho the best.
While I love Shun Oguri, I liked Kim Hyun Joong more.
The rest of the cast I liked better on the Korean version.

However, there are scenarios in the Japanese version I liked better than the Korean. I suppose for all these reasons it is hard to choose one over another.
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Trainee
islam newfag

Default 05-09-2011, 01:24 PM

for me : korean & japanese is The Best
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
KpopOtaku newfag

Default 03-08-2012, 02:27 AM

Watching all of them i must say the japanese one is the best. I think it just depends on what one you watched first i think the first version you watch of this show is the one you will like the best because the second version you will be comparing~
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
reina007 newfag

Send a message via Skype™ to reina007
Default 02-08-2013, 04:59 PM

Sorry but I'll choose Boys Over Flowers.I really like this version, I don't know but I enjoyed it so much compared to the Japanese and Taiwanese Version. They are good also but I still love the Korean Version.

Click the image to open in full size.

http://www.animetake.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=636871&dateline=13621  43972

"I soon came to the point where I didnít know whether my smiling face was a lie or not."

Tags
boys over flowers, hana yori dango, meteor garden