Arcade
Go Back   Anime Take Forums > Gaming & Visual Novel > Video Game Discussion > Consoles
Reload this Page Final Fantasy XIII-2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Space Cowboy
UnknownFact2 newfag

Default 01-19-2011, 03:49 AM

yeah, maybe we should place a spoiler warning in this thread first post.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
( Click to show/hide )

Now you should ALL go watch this movie "Tangshan Dadizhen" (or "Aftershock" in English) right now. NOW.

Finally, a pic.
( Click to show/hide )

Click the image to open in full size.

Download here:
( Click to show/hide )

( Click to show/hide )

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?
dmil5512 newfag

Default 01-19-2011, 04:03 AM

^Guess the makers of the video assumed that everyone who would be interested in a sequel would've played all the way through the first game...

Can't say I'm particularly thrilled for a sequel, but I wouldn't mind more Lightning :3

Click [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for any sig requests or comments
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin
Yukizboy newfag

Default 01-19-2011, 04:43 AM

I don't really care how 13-2 plays, I just want to be reunited with Lightning. I miss hers so much. LOL.

And FF13 had its faults for sure... but when I had Lightning, Fang & Vanille in my party and was just running around Grand Pulse... life was good. LOL.

And say what you want about the combat of FF13 (I actually thought FF12 had the perfect combat system), but when I was battling the final optional hunts boss guy... the super hard one... I was in the zone... switching Paradigms left and right... then the crescendo of the awesome battle music would start and I would get re-energized... it was such a frenetic and dynamic battle... it was pure awesomeness and I had never experienced a battle quite like it before or since.

Plus... Lightning's Army of One attack... bada**. LOL.
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Soul Eater
Conduit People like me. :D

Default 01-19-2011, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the space cadet View Post
Even the greatest things in the world have haters. The best athlete. The best sports team. The best artwork. If a person wants to hate, they will find something to criticize.

Also, anyone that never finished FF13 knows the ending now because the first 40 seconds of that video was from the ending. And FF13-2 is for the fans, so it probably will play more like a traditional FF game. At least that's what I hope.

Oh, and I love Lightning.
Haters are gonna hate, true, but enough people hated on XIII that it did poorly in sales for an FF title. Infact it did badly enough that Squeenix canceled the planned DLC, which then people bitched about them not giving the promised DLC... >_>;

This is the INTERNET!
If you're not making baseless assumptions, random accusations, applying Rules 34 and 35, implementing Godwin's Law, cross-genre'ing cats and ponies and judging the bejesus out of people... YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!
( Click to show/hide )
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] today!
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Tetsuuooooo...
the space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet god

Default 01-19-2011, 09:08 AM

^You couldn't be more wrong. FF13 was the fastest selling title in the entire franchise. Almost 2 million copies sold in Japan in 2009 alone with something like 6.5 million copies sold worldwide currently.

Sequels don't get made if the original sold like crap.

Nancy Astor: “If you were my husband, I would poison your tea.”
Winston Churchill: "If I were your husband, I would drink it.”
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Demon Lord
ARTHURIUSS newfag

Default 01-19-2011, 09:54 AM

True.FF13 did well on the sales front.It may not compare to the big three of the FF franchise(7,8,10) but 6.5 million on this generation's gaming consoles is by no means a bad figure.It even outsold 12 and 9.

What it failed in was garnering the almost universal critical acclaim of it's predecessors among the Western audience.Polarizing is how I'd define it's reception in the west.The game,from what I've heard was very well received in Japan both commercially and critically.So a sequel is really not that surprising but this time around it may cater to the tastes of the western audience.

( Click to show/hide )

Do the Shepard!
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Space Cowboy
UnknownFact2 newfag

Default 01-19-2011, 11:31 AM

If you guys want some numbers on FF XIII sales, here:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] fo PS3

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] fo X360

It's true what Arthur says. It outsold X-2 as well.

( Click to show/hide )

Now you should ALL go watch this movie "Tangshan Dadizhen" (or "Aftershock" in English) right now. NOW.

Finally, a pic.
( Click to show/hide )

Download here:
( Click to show/hide )

( Click to show/hide )

Last edited by UnknownFact2; 01-19-2011 at 11:36 AM..
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Soul Eater
Conduit People like me. :D

Default 01-19-2011, 11:55 AM

Huh, seems I had a completely wrong impression. I figured Squeenix's falling stock values and them canceling the DLC had something to do with poor sales.

Then again, now that I think about it, the announcement of a sequel, maybe they scrapped the DLC because they decided to take that content and turn it into a full blown game instead.

This is the INTERNET!
If you're not making baseless assumptions, random accusations, applying Rules 34 and 35, implementing Godwin's Law, cross-genre'ing cats and ponies and judging the bejesus out of people... YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!
( Click to show/hide )
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] today!
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Duratrix found a bug because of me.
master_tonberry semi-newfag

Default 01-19-2011, 02:15 PM

as I recall, they turned around and said that they'd enever ever promised DLC. EVER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukizboy View Post
And FF13 had its faults for sure... but when I had Lightning, Sazh & Vanille in my party and was just running around Grand Pulse... life was good. LOL.
and fix'd that for you

(#30 (permalink)) Old
Tetsuuooooo...
the space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet god

Default 01-20-2011, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTHURIUSS View Post
True.FF13 did well on the sales front.It may not compare to the big three of the FF franchise(7,8,10) but 6.5 million on this generation's gaming consoles is by no means a bad figure.It even outsold 12 and 9.

What it failed in was garnering the almost universal critical acclaim of it's predecessors among the Western audience.Polarizing is how I'd define it's reception in the west.The game,from what I've heard was very well received in Japan both commercially and critically.So a sequel is really not that surprising but this time around it may cater to the tastes of the western audience.
Polarizing is exactly right. Western FF vets were angry before they even laid their hands on the game because of all the changes, such as not having any towns to relax in and no shops. I was put off by that too... who didn't love getting to a new town, talking to some citizens, buying weapons and items at shops and resting at an inn? That's what made the linear maps so glaring; there was no change of pace. No one cared that FFX had the exact same linear maps because of all the others things to do between areas.

It was different and that alienated a lot of longtime FF fans. Western fans were bitter going into the game, and since there wasn't anything groundbreaking about it, the retained their spite towards the game and declared it as crap. But the game is like that intentionally. It was straitfoward on purpose. The director stated two things before the game was even released: he was mixing genres to create a new type of game, and he didn't want players to be wandering around aimlessly.

Japan understood and accepted it. Most everyone else had mixed feelings.

Nancy Astor: “If you were my husband, I would poison your tea.”
Winston Churchill: "If I were your husband, I would drink it.”
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
Moe Master
Emerald Emblem Related to Mr. Good-guy

Send a message via AIM to Emerald Emblem Send a message via MSN to Emerald Emblem Send a message via Skype™ to Emerald Emblem
Default 01-20-2011, 03:02 AM

FFXIII also sold better because it was multiplatform. Of course factoring that in it's only 4.5 million as opposed to the 6.3 from both platforms, still no number to turn your nose up at mind.

Regardless, I'm not getting this so I'll leave it at that.

( Click to show/hide )

( Click to show/hide )
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin
Yukizboy newfag

Default 01-20-2011, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by master_tonberry View Post
...and fix'd that for you
LOL. I actually did use Sazh a lot, but only for like the tougher battles because I think early on he had heal, so like I always needed two people with heal. But for just running around and power leveling... it was a 3 girl show. LOL. And I only used Snow and Hope when Square put a gun to my head and said I had to use them in my party. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the space cadet View Post
Polarizing is exactly right. Western FF vets were angry before they even laid their hands on the game because of all the changes, such as not having any towns to relax in and no shops. I was put off by that too... who didn't love getting to a new town, talking to some citizens, buying weapons and items at shops and resting at an inn?
Yah; I was horrified when I found out about the lack of towns, shops & inns in FF13. That is actually my favorite part of FF games... just exploring new towns at my leisure and visiting all the shops and stuff. Because towns & shops are essential for the immersive experience IMO.

But then when I played & finished FF13... I found that I didn't really miss the towns... this game wasn't about towns or exploring... it was a game purely about story & battle gameplay. And I'm not sure if that made it better or worse in the end... but overall... I loved FF13 for what it was... and want more. Well... more Lightning anyway. LOL.
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin
pauuliee newfag

Send a message via MSN to pauuliee
Default 01-20-2011, 05:08 AM

youtube/square is quick to block videos :|

(#34 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin
Yukizboy newfag

Default 01-20-2011, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauuliee View Post
youtube/square is quick to block videos :|
LOL. I think they plan on debuting the same teaser video on their website tomorrow that's why. LOL.

Too late Square! I already watched it... and burned Valkyrie Lightning into my memory... forever. LOL. So unless they go the Inception route... they cannot take it back from my mind. LOL.
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin
pauuliee newfag

Send a message via MSN to pauuliee
Default 01-20-2011, 05:54 AM

Quote:
LOL. I think they plan on debuting the same teaser video on their website tomorrow that's why. LOL.

Too late Square! I already watched it... and burned Valkyrie Lightning into my memory... forever. LOL. So unless they go the Inception route... they cannot take it back from my mind. LOL.
BAHHAHA! yeah, its already on other sites like gametrailers, i seen the other ones

(#36 (permalink)) Old
Big Daddy
azn newfag

Location: Do you come from a land down under? Where women glow and men plunder?
Default 01-20-2011, 06:13 AM

.___.
Why can't they just pull all their FF resources in Versus :3

Thanks to KuroReishin
( Click to show/hide )

( Click to show/hide )

Thanks to Drahcir

MAL: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

( Click to show/hide )
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
The Revolution Is Here
Darkchao45 I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!Darkchao45 I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!Darkchao45 I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!Darkchao45 I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!Darkchao45 I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!Darkchao45 I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!

Send a message via Skype™ to Darkchao45
Default 01-20-2011, 06:31 AM

^Wisdom here. Versus where art thou ;_;

Thanks to everyone who made my sigs <3

Click and join if you likes teh K-Pop and anything related!

MAL

Playfire

tumblr

(#38 (permalink)) Old

Default 01-20-2011, 06:40 AM

I'd also like to see agito sometime soon.

(#39 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin
Yukizboy newfag

Default 01-21-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznkidxD View Post
.___.
Why can't they just pull all their FF resources in Versus :3
LOL. Haven't they been working on Versus even before they started on FF13? I thought Versus was actually going to be a PS2 game at first or something like that, but then they took so long they decided to switch to the PS3.

IMO Versus is a pipe dream though... I'll believe it when I see it. LOL. Even though I really want to play FF13 Versus too since the trailer made it look like FF was set in the real world this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by master_tonberry View Post
I'd also like to see agito sometime soon.
Agito... that sound very familiar for some reason. Oh! I know! That's the shark dude from Air Gear right? LOL.
  (#40 (permalink)) Old

Default 01-21-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
IMO Versus is a pipe dream though... I'll believe it when I see it. LOL. Even though I really want to play FF13 Versus too since the trailer made it look like FF was set in the real world this time around.
um....no? They've made it clear that versus will be set on pulse, but set around different characters.

Quote:
Agito... that sound very familiar for some reason. Oh! I know! That's the shark dude from Air Gear right? LOL.

Pay attention why don't you?