Arcade
Go Back   Anime Take Forums > AnimeTake > Ask & Feedback
Reload this Page 3 minute Episodes
Ask & Feedback Questions and feedback go here~

View Poll Results: What do you think of this suggestion?
Good Idea 16 61.54%
Crappy Idea 10 38.46%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Chūnin
NLwino Silent Helper

Default 02-03-2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by master_tonberry View Post
Mostly because it's a little more complicated than that.
Care to explain why? It's just as hard as changing a title...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherii View Post
What if I told you, at every first episode, there's a 'MAL' link that shows how long the episode is.

That takes less than 10 seconds.
I still find this idea crap, lazy people be lazy on ze internetz.
As a programmer student, the first thing they thought me at school was that lazy is a good thing. The lazier customers can be with your program the better you made it. Lazier means faster and easier, in other words better. So yes I think that this suggestion will make animetake better. I mean if you don't want it lazy, don't use the site at all. Find all the animes yourself. I use this site for the sole purpose of being lazy. And so do all of you.

QFT
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
( Click to show/hide )

Click the image to open in full size.
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Homunculus
Hifumiyo Pure EvilHifumiyo Pure EvilHifumiyo Pure EvilHifumiyo Pure EvilHifumiyo Pure EvilHifumiyo Pure EvilHifumiyo Pure EvilHifumiyo Pure EvilHifumiyo Pure EvilHifumiyo Pure EvilHifumiyo Pure Evil

Send a message via MSN to Hifumiyo
Default 02-03-2013, 04:52 PM

It depends on the website/database design how hard this will be.
If there are cardinalities that complement this search then I agree, prolly no more than 20min job.
But doesn't look that way lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLwino View Post
programmer student
I'd recommend reading a book on software engineering or modeling, changing one little thing in an existing system can be alot more problematic than it seems.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Chūnin
NLwino Silent Helper

Default 02-03-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifumiyo View Post
It depends on the website/database design how hard this will be.
If there are cardinalities that complement this search then I agree, prolly no more than 20min job.
But doesn't look that way lol.

I'd recommend reading a book on software engineering or modeling, changing one little thing in an existing system can be alot more problematic than it seems.
I already know a thing or 2 about that. In 5 months I hope to graduated from my university. Already did several payed jobs for websites and databases.

But it doesn't have to be a system change at all. Just mention it in the title or change the title color on the front page. How hard can that be

QFT
( Click to show/hide )

Last edited by NLwino; 02-03-2013 at 05:09 PM..
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Homunculus
Hifumiyo Pure EvilHifumiyo Pure EvilHifumiyo Pure EvilHifumiyo Pure EvilHifumiyo Pure EvilHifumiyo Pure EvilHifumiyo Pure EvilHifumiyo Pure EvilHifumiyo Pure EvilHifumiyo Pure EvilHifumiyo Pure Evil

Send a message via MSN to Hifumiyo
Default 02-03-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
I already know a thing or 2 about that. In 5 months I hope to graduated from my university. Already did several payed jobs for websites and databases.

But it doesn't have to be a system change at all. Just mention it in the title or change the title color on the front page. How hard can that be
It might be hard if you're doing it by hand and checking every single episode for over 1000 episodes xD

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Chūnin
NLwino Silent Helper

Default 02-03-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifumiyo View Post
It might be hard if you're doing it by hand and checking every single episode for over 1000 episodes xD
Just do new animes. You don't have to check every episode just once for every new anime. Add something like: (3m) or (shorts). Done!

Even if you wish to add it in the database. Adding a optional field: length. Isn't hard, doesn't give any problems with contraints since its a optional field. Assuming animetake uses MVC and has a framework to create objects from
database records:
1. Add optional field in database: less than 5 minutes work:
2. Use framework to regenerate database objects in the model: 2 minutes work.
3. Adjust homepage view to add the length field after the title. Since you already have access to the length field if you have access to the title: 2 minutes work.
4. Optional: Adjust "add anime" view to add the length field. Only needed if this is not already automated. 2 minutes work. Do the same for edit.

The above assumed you have all the program's opened and ready for use Else it might take 20 minutes.

QFT
( Click to show/hide )

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
mikael newfag

Default 02-10-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Just do new animes. You don't have to check every episode just once for every new anime. Add something like: (3m) or (shorts). Done!

Even if you wish to add it in the database. Adding a optional field: length. Isn't hard, doesn't give any problems with contraints since its a optional field. Assuming animetake uses MVC and has a framework to create objects from
database records:
1. Add optional field in database: less than 5 minutes work:
2. Use framework to regenerate database objects in the model: 2 minutes work.
3. Adjust homepage view to add the length field after the title. Since you already have access to the length field if you have access to the title: 2 minutes work.
4. Optional: Adjust "add anime" view to add the length field. Only needed if this is not already automated. 2 minutes work. Do the same for edit.

The above assumed you have all the program's opened and ready for use Else it might take 20 minutes.
Thanks for bringing it to the point

http://www.animetake.com/forums/avatars/mikael.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1358598560
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Trainee
Freedomno1 Related to Mr. Good-guy

Default 02-12-2013, 02:28 AM

3 Mins designed for a quick watch and go like fast food
Not expecting much
Mean to fast food

Quote:
Care to explain why? It's just as hard as changing a title...

As a programmer student, the first thing they thought me at school was that lazy is a good thing. The lazier customers can be with your program the better you made it. Lazier means faster and easier, in other words better. So yes I think that this suggestion will make animetake better. I mean if you don't want it lazy, don't use the site at all. Find all the animes yourself. I use this site for the sole purpose of being lazy. And so do all of you.
Second thing they tell you is to make the code as short as possible to optimize laziness
Third thing take a break to compile

Last edited by Darkchao45; 02-12-2013 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: Don't double post next time.
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
Tulicloure newfag

Default 11-08-2013, 11:15 PM

So should they put a Genre marking as well? How else are we supposed to know if that new download link is for a romance anime, right? Maybe something telling us the total number of episodes? Purple border if it's an adaptation or bright-green if it's not? What about the producers? Voice actors?

Or maybe you could just check all of that and more in one of the many website that exist for this exact reason (well, not really, but they do it pretty well), like MyAnimeList, Hummingbird, etc.

Dao even puts links for this kind of sites with the first episode...

EDIT: I'm not saying they shouldn't put something, but if they do, there are other info that are more relevant and make a bigger difference than episode length. Also, tags would be the best option, as they are simple, don't pollute the design too much, and can be used to filter searches.

Last edited by Tulicloure; 11-09-2013 at 12:03 AM..