Arcade
Go Back   Anime Take Forums > Anime > Anime Discussion
Reload this Page Do you re-watch anime?
Anime Discussion General discussion related to anime

View Poll Results: Do You Re-watch Anime?
Never 8 3.01%
Only specific episodes 34 12.78%
Every now and then if a show was at least good 89 33.46%
Favorites Only 135 50.75%
Voters: 266. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Trainee
Mr. Outside newfag

Default Do you re-watch anime? - 09-07-2009, 05:43 AM

I've met a few people online who have never re-watched a show, but I always figured re-watching your favorites wouldn't be that bad. I believe they said it just gets worse and worse each time and while I generally agree - an amazing show may end up to be an amazing show without surprises during a re-watch.

While I agree to the above, after re-watching Ef ~ A Tale of Memories around 5 times the show is no longer one of my favorites. I figured re-watching a good show was better than watching a bad one fully for the first time, but with more time spent on it the less charm it had (mainly the Chihiro parts urked me over and over, but that is another discussion).

So, do you re-watch your favorite shows because they are your favorites? Do you not re-watch your favorites because you know they won't be as enjoyable as the first viewing?

I'll say I am about to re-watch Code Geass for the 4th time or so, just breaching the half way point, but it has been enjoyable as always. I think maybe only romance/drama shows from experience (I've rewatched most of the dramas I liked) were bad to re-watch because it is hard to be moved a second time without the surprise elements. I've never attempted to re-watch a comedy before because I have assumed I wouldn't laugh a second time without the surprise factor, but maybe someone else can enlighten me of their experiences with that genre. I should say this is the first time in half a year I started re-watching something, but I watched a lot of Average->good shows in the mean time and I may have wanted to remember the feeling of one of my favorites (oh no Code Geass flames inc).
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
dreamt newfag

Default 09-07-2009, 05:51 AM

I've re-watched animes before, but by accident. For some reason, I sometimes think that I haven't finished an anime yet. So I watch it from the beginning again, but it turns out I've already watched it.
Or maybe it's some kind of crazy deja vu, and I haven't actually watched it. I doubt it though.

I'll sometimes re-watch random episodes from an anime, though.

Click the image to open in full size.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Trainee
myk04l newfag

Default 09-07-2009, 08:15 AM

i remember watching some old episodes of bleach and they were still pretty damn good, from like way back then. also for some series that you watched while they still aired, it's nostalgic to re-watch and get that old school feeling.

i really doubt i could watch something like 4-5 times though, that's just too much. i usually don't re-watch something right after just watching it either. it's good to have a little bit of time in between for your brain to reset and forget the awesomeness, then be shocked by it again.

my exception to re-watching immediately was toradora! lol. i remember when i first found out about the show mid season. o.m.g. watched the whole thing and couldn't wait for the next episode to air so re-watched. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvier View Post
I was talking to my little sister the other day and she asked me when I started watching anime. I told her I started with DBZ and I haven't a clue when I started really. She said "Not DBZ I mean a good one. You know with sexy lolis."
( Click to show/hide )
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Starlight Breaker
zeramoth newfag

Default 09-07-2009, 08:39 AM

rewatch when i got nothing better to do

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by evereternal7 View Post
If I ever have to choose a person whose music I had to listen for the rest of my life and nothing else, then it would be zeramoth.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Soul Eater
Conduit People like me. :D

Default 09-07-2009, 09:14 AM

Once in a while I'll rewatch a series when I'm bored and have nothing better to do.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Otaku
cotsiost newfag

Send a message via MSN to cotsiost
Default 09-07-2009, 09:23 AM

the only series i have watched more than once would be the dragonball z series and fate/stay night but i would also re-watch some episodes of some good series with some awesome battles every now and then

Anime-Planet.com - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

( Click to show/hide )

( Click to show/hide )
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Starlight Breaker
razgriz_07 newfag

Default 09-07-2009, 10:10 AM

yup.....i will re-watch my anime collection if i was bored or there is no new eps of the anime i was followed...

( Click to show/hide )
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Tremble!
RinVonStark newfag

Default 09-07-2009, 11:02 AM

Depends if I'm bored or start feeling the anime withdrawal.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
Ezero8 newfag

Send a message via AIM to Ezero8
Default 09-07-2009, 11:20 AM

If I feel like it, I'll rewatch my favorites every few months.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Shinigami
XxanimefreakxX newfag

Location: finally back after a long hiatus:), i really missed u all:(
Send a message via MSN to XxanimefreakxX Send a message via Yahoo to XxanimefreakxX
Default 09-07-2009, 11:49 AM

If it an anime i really like then yes i will rewatch it, there is only one anime i re-watched once and that anime is called "tales of the abyss".

http://www.animetake.com/forums/news-announcements/32594-concerning-nsfw-stuff.html
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Chūnin
yonku_shankz newfag

Send a message via MSN to yonku_shankz
Default 09-07-2009, 12:35 PM

i usually plan on re-watching because i do forget some minor/important parts juss to let you know im planning to watch code Geass 22 times in the next 2 years ^^,tho it wont be as good as the first time its still enjoyable and gives me a break from other things.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Trainee
Mr. Outside newfag

Default 09-07-2009, 12:37 PM

I didn't put an always option because well, nearly two years ago I "always" rewatched shows, but I realized I only watched around 15 unique shows not counting the dubs I saw on TV. I figured if you like anime and were on this site, you wouldn't watch every show over and over because animetake has a big enough library where you wouldn't always rewatch. I'm only around 90 unique shows now, but I've probably re-watched only 17 of them now, but what I have re-watched it was in significant numbers.. Ef 5, Code Geass 4~, Tengen Toppa 3~ ect.

For airing anime, I do sometimes re-watch an episode I liked a lot right after seeing it the first time.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Chūnin
yonku_shankz newfag

Send a message via MSN to yonku_shankz
Default 09-07-2009, 01:04 PM

i cant see my self watching code geass over and over after i watch it THAT much i probably wont watch it ever again its juss that i feell that i didn't have all the fun from watching it once or twice its like ther is more into it
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Trainee
SilentFate newfag

Default 09-07-2009, 02:47 PM

I've only re-watched 3 series.

Clannad and lucky star, reason being is they are easy series to re watch since they are light hearted in nature, makes for an enjoyable watch. although i doubt ill ever see them again, i like to watch new shows more or less.

Higurashi no naku koro ni since even the 2nd time around its still fun to watch, one series i would like to re-watch someday is eureka seven since i somewhat forgot the plot of it, aside from that nothing to re-watch.. well maybe toradora..

although im taking a break from anime after finally seeing evangelion. for reasons self explanatory.

Currently watching [20]
11eyes, Asura cryin 2, Bakemonogatari, FMA 2, Kampfer, Kobato, Letter bee, Needles, Nogizaka haruka 2, Nyan koi!, Sasemiki koto, Seiken no blacksmith, Seitokai no ichizon, Shin koihime musou, Sora no manimani, Sora no Otoshimono, Book of bantorra, Toaru kagaku no railgun, Umineko no naku koro ni, Zetsubou sensei 3
Currently playing
Atelier Iris / Tales of Phantasia
My anime list
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
AceMaster newfag

Default 09-07-2009, 03:04 PM

recently i started re-watching some good series,becouse i can't find any good anime

i rather watch something i already saw than something i don't like
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Otaku
cotsiost newfag

Send a message via MSN to cotsiost
Default 09-07-2009, 03:41 PM

if i were to rewatch some anime now i would watch some of the first anime i have seen or anime i totally forgot how their plot was and two of them i can think right now are trigun(one of the very first anime i have ever seen + one of the best) and kanokon

Anime-Planet.com - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

( Click to show/hide )

( Click to show/hide )
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
sandor newfag

Default if it's good enough - 09-07-2009, 03:55 PM

Plenty of reasons to rewatch shows. The fundamental requirement is of course, a memory that isn't completely perfect. And I'm probably as close to that as is humanly possible without being an autistic savant. Well, ok, by most measures, I AM autistic and very good at numbers as well. At least I can multiply 3 digit numbers in my head in less than a minute. But anyway, barring a complete frame-by-frame, pixel by pixel, nyquist rate audio sample by audio sample, phonon-by-phonon recollection of the video in question making watching it on the screen again totally irrelevant, there are a few shows that are so awesome they just kind of DESERVE to be watched a couple times at least. All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku, Fullmetal Alchemist, Mahou Tsukai Tai, Fushigi Yuugi, the first 2 seasons of slayers, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, and yes, when I'm in a bad mood and I want to see some mindless aggression and explosions, even though it doesn't make my top-50 anime list (I just gave you my top 6 earlier with no omissions) unfortunately, I have been known to - and don't hyperventilate when you gasp when I tell you this, I have been known to occasionally, yes, revisit... DBZ.

After all, when it's a choice between some crap and stuff you have already consumed before.... hmmmmm.... well, sometimes you can select the stuff you've already consumed before that was so good that even a second run through is better than the other crap to choose from. Just like the first answerer said. When there's nothing else to do. Though of course it's better to wait longer. Haven't watched Nuku Nuku since January 1, 2005. It's probably good to watch it a 10th time now. Gotta space them out after all, though this break is a little longer than the ones that came before it.... but Steel Angel Kurumi (the first season only was tolerable) - it's been since the last week of July 2004, but that one isn't really top 20 material, so really, I wouldn't be inclined to watch that again until maybe 2030 or so. And I would be very surprised if I lived that long.
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Esper
Schno newfag

Default 09-07-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
At least I can multiply 3 digit numbers in my head in less than a minute.
There are people who can take the 137th root of a 1000 digit number in less than 20 seconds and are still not autistic.

Anyways, I have rewatched a couple of animes and will rewatch some more in the future.
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Chūnin
Volture newfag

Send a message via MSN to Volture
Default 09-07-2009, 04:42 PM

No, I don't re-watch any. It takes away the magic imo.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Trainee
LuZ newfag

Send a message via MSN to LuZ
Default 09-07-2009, 04:43 PM

If nothing to do, I would rather re-watch comedy anime like Gintama. Never fail to entertain me when I bored..

hmm... sig??? Do I need 1??

« 11eyes | Moshidora »