Arcade
Go Back   Anime Take Forums > Anime > Anime Discussion
Reload this Page IGN's Top 25 Anime Characters of All Time
Anime Discussion General discussion related to anime

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
I am the Chosen One ... Nope, just Chuck Testa!
Slush Related to Mr. Good-guy

Default 02-26-2012, 05:35 PM

Fucking retards, that list I would dispute till the day I die.

http://www.animetake.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=516003&dateline=13719  45485
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Shinigami
Beak Silent Helper

Default 02-26-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the space cadet View Post

By contrast, here's a top 10 list that was released the same year as IGN's by today's generation of anime viewers:

10. Hitagi Senjougahara, Bakemonogatari
9. Biri Biri, To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
8. Kurimu Sakurano, Seitokai no Ichizon
7. Horo, Spice and Wolf
6. Nanoha Takamichi, Nanoha
5. Nodoka Haramura, Saki
4. Katsura Hinagiku, Hayate no Gotoku
3. Yui Hirasawa, K-On
2. Fate Testarossa, Nanoha
1. Mio Akiyama, K-ON

The difference is laughable. So is the list.
Probably this generation like those moeblobs or something, whatever that is. I don't mind this two though. Horo, is not only beautiful, she is wise as well. Playful, trustworthy, strong, fragile...can't even list them all.

Nanoha is well....Nanoha =/

On a side note, people should really stop putting Mio or Yui at the top. ~_~

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
Photorock newfag

Default 02-26-2012, 06:28 PM

I like the list but to me it's missing one of the best and beloved females ever... Belldandy. Must be an oversite. LOL

optimus prime... anyone

Last edited by Photorock; 02-26-2012 at 06:34 PM..
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
State Alchemist
liveman People like me. :D

Send a message via Skype™ to liveman
Default 02-26-2012, 07:25 PM

naaa top must be
1)horo
2)alukard
3)seras victoria
4)lucy
5)happy
6)Luffy
7)natsu
8)masaki kenshi
9)shana
10)louise

( Click to show/hide )

MAL [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

(#25 (permalink)) Old

Default 02-26-2012, 07:27 PM

You should never post anything concerning anime ever again.

That's just... I could see some of those, but they don't fit the overall character profile that this list was going by.

http://www.animetake.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=516003&dateline=13719  45485
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Trainee
yksirf newfag

Default 02-26-2012, 07:45 PM

thanks for posting that list, it was nice to see what some of the older generation put forth as being the best. I'm always disheartened by the new generations list making.

Click the image to open in full size.
Anime-Planet.com - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
Basilikos newfag

Default 02-26-2012, 08:38 PM

So much mainstream stuff.....
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Soul Eater
Conduit People like me. :D

Default 02-26-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Characters that shouldn't be on the list: Vegeta, D, L, and Pikachu
I've never seen Vampire Hunter D so I can't argue about him either way, but the other 3 I have to agree with them being on the list based on IGN's criteria.

Pikachu is a household name world wide, you can go almost anywhere in the world and say, "Pikachu" and people will instantly know what you're talking about, thats reason enough for the little yellow fluffball to be on the list.

Vegata, like IGN said, he is the original unmitigated bastard, a character archtype that has been copied over and over again for the last 20 some years. Thats a good enough reason for me to have him in the top 25.

L was more important to Death Note than Light was, you can't remove L from the list without kicking Light to curb with him. L's cat and mouse game with Light is what made the show great and Death Note turned into an unwatchable crapfest the very next episode after L's death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photorock View Post
I like the list but to me it's missing one of the best and beloved females ever... Belldandy. Must be an oversite. LOL

optimus prime... anyone
As awesome as Belldandy is, she's not the stand out character of the series, Keiichi is, the man who proves nice guys really can finish first.

As for Optimus Prime, only the original is really worth mentioning and the original was not an anime. It was created, written, directed, and produced by Americans. The original Takara toys didn't even have names, let alone personalities or backstories. Thats why I hate it when people say Transformers are Japanese, because they're not, all Takara did was create a line of random objects that for no particular reason could change into robots. It was Hasbro that turned that idea into a massive franchise thats lasted 28 years and counting.

This is the INTERNET!
If you're not making baseless assumptions, random accusations, applying Rules 34 and 35, implementing Godwin's Law, cross-genre'ing cats and ponies and judging the bejesus out of people... YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
( Click to show/hide )
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] today!
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Tetsuuooooo...
the space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet godthe space cadet god

Default 02-27-2012, 12:18 AM

I don't agree with pikachu because it's about the greatest characters, not what name is most widely known. Name recognition factors in, but that's all piks has. If anything, it should be at the bottom of the list. Him and Shinji can cuddle together.

Vegeta and L are essential, but I see them both more in a top 50. Especially with L. I'm on board with the notion that he's required to make Light what he is, and vice versa, but there's too many great characters to include tag teams. It kinda would be like saying if Usagi is on the list, then the other senshin have to be included because she'd have accomplished nothing if not for the other sailor scouts.

I marginally agree that Belldandy should be on the list. She's more widely known than virtually any other lead female in the romance genre. She's a character that's been copied endlessly as well.

Nancy Astor: “If you were my husband, I would poison your tea.”
Winston Churchill: "If I were your husband, I would drink it.”

Last edited by the space cadet; 02-27-2012 at 12:20 AM..
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
Photorock newfag

Default 02-27-2012, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conduit View Post
As awesome as Belldandy is, she's not the stand out character of the series, Keiichi is, the man who proves nice guys really can finish first.

As for Optimus Prime, only the original is really worth mentioning and the original was not an anime. It was created, written, directed, and produced by Americans. The original Takara toys didn't even have names, let alone personalities or backstories. Thats why I hate it when people say Transformers are Japanese, because they're not, all Takara did was create a line of random objects that for no particular reason could change into robots. It was Hasbro that turned that idea into a massive franchise thats lasted 28 years and counting.
I won't get into a pi@@ing contest... but without Takara toys there would be no Transformers. But yes you're right, Transformers is American... I do stand corrected on that.

Keiichi... hmmm perhaps.

I like your views though... thank you.
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin
Nuts newfag

Default 02-27-2012, 04:32 AM

The thing with D was it had a huge cult status in the States, I don't think Vampire Hunter D was as popular in Japan.

But anyways I would have easily put Kenshiro in the top 10 and maybe top 5.
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
Donor
Quirriff semi-newfag

Default 02-27-2012, 05:01 AM

Worst list of all, Goku being on top? Haruhi being listed fairly low, Ichigo being on the list even though he's boring, I think the Top ranks should be reserved for characters we consider cool and aspire to, possibly like Vash the Stampede.
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
Dishonored
captmartian newfag

Default 02-27-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
I don't agree with pikachu because it's about the greatest characters, not what name is most widely known. Name recognition factors in, but that's all piks has. If anything, it should be at the bottom of the list. Him and Shinji can cuddle together.
IGN: "Our criteria for selection involved a little bit of everything – each character's lasting fame, the impact they had on the medium and their particular genre at the time, the depth and quality of their realization on screen, and of course, a little bit of personal taste. "

Pikachu is well within IGN's set criteria for their list.

and LOL@ thinking IGN is going to consider characters from anime that didn't even make it onto American shelves just because those anime came out the same year IGN's list did. IGN mostly went with iconic characters and not just the characters of the week.
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
Big Daddy
demx Related to Mr. Good-guy

Default 02-29-2012, 12:01 PM

Shows that have proven to popular in US sales department.

(#35 (permalink)) Old
Donor
gonzozoid Related to Mr. Good-guy

Send a message via Yahoo to gonzozoid
Default 02-29-2012, 05:34 PM

I agree, it is all about generation of viewers.
There are so many epic series with epic characters, it is hard to make a list that will please every one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuts View Post
The thing with D was it had a huge cult status in the States, I don't think Vampire Hunter D was as popular in Japan.

But anyways I would have easily put Kenshiro in the top 10 and maybe top 5.
I will put Kenshiro first....ayayayayayayayaya!!!!!!...lol

Don't ask me for reup. I you want ost or jmusic before it even hit the shelves, you would have to find my website. just google for want you are looking for and add download at the end of your search. I can't post the name of my website, I have been banned 1 week already b/c I linked to it once. I won't be active in the forums anymore since it became a playground for wannabees.

Last edited by Darkchao45; 02-29-2012 at 11:13 PM..
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
Jōnin
cool_life I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!cool_life I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!cool_life I'm trustworthy. Trust me on this!

Default 03-01-2012, 10:57 PM

It just make you feel that the list done by bunch of "Ojiisans"
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
Esper
zhaoyun99 newfag

Default 03-01-2012, 11:05 PM

They lack a lot of good characters. The entire cast of Beelzebub and Gintama could wipe the floor with this list.

"Ah, I love you. (kisses face) Ah, you set my soul on fire! (kisses again) Ah, and it isn't just a little spark, it is a flame! (kisses again) A BIG ROARING FLAME! Ah, can feel it now!" Tom the Baddass Cat

( Click to show/hide )
  (#38 (permalink)) Old

Default 03-01-2012, 11:12 PM

... I hope to God you're trying to troll, I really do.

(#39 (permalink)) Old
Shi No Tenshi
King Drahcir newfag

Default 03-02-2012, 03:42 AM

I can make a much better list of oldschool anime characters. The fact that naruto made the list and ranma didn't already tells me these "adults" are utter fucktards.

(#40 (permalink)) Old
Chūnin
Der Rule breaker

Default 03-02-2012, 04:13 AM

Yea, dun agree with this list, mainly in terms of order though. Luffy shouldn't be that low and pikachu shouldn't be that high lol